Pod Your Reef

Shrimp cocktail for my fish?

SinfulSlave

I have a lion fish and a panther grouper. I am hoping to add some kind of cleaning crew. My fish are small, this tank is rather new. I have only a snail at the moment, they dont bother it at all. Algae isnt really a concern at the moment as I dont really seem to have any. I was hoping to add a scavenger that would help clean up the leavings from the lion/grouper buffet, but I know they will eat any shrimp big enough for them to get their mouth around. Can anyone recommend what, if anything I could add?:unsure:

Thanks!

Sin

imo shrimp scampi. lion and/or group would make a quick meal of him and an expensive one at that. just add a fre more snals and maybe a hermit or two or three and leave it at that. at least is they get eaten you only out a few bones as opposed to 30 or 40 bones for a shrimp.

honestly just go with hermits and snails you could try a coral banded shrimp they have big claws that look fierce and could catch a small fish but i had a 4 inch maroon clown rip off his claws and break em into little pieces after the shrimp was in the tank about 4 months this was in 55g

Actualy, I second the CBS suggest.

They are kinda snotty, and can "lock horns" in situations.. I had a HUGE lion that grew up with a CBS... and the CBS beat the living ###### outa him while it slept.....

Long story short... the shrimp died. I replaced it... with a smaller shrimp. the Lion never even looked at it twice..... even shyed away.

as to a " CLEAN UP CREW".... heavy shells and NO TRIGERS OR PUFFERS.. yer OK ;)

Archived