Cultivated Reef

Can you glue a ricordia down?

Ytouf

No. The ricordia and other types of shrooms will slime and detatch from the glue and float away.

The best way to do it is to place the polyp in a low flow area and it will eventually stick to the rock.

Or place it in a open top container with some rock rubble until it attatches. The lower the flow the better.

I have had limited success using Loctite Super Glue Gel (just on the Ric's foot) to help place Rics. However, Surfy is essentially correct; if they don’t want to be there, they will slime and fall off the rock. Surfy's suggestions are good advice.

I’ve also had some success by gluing some crushed coral on the foot, letting it sit in low flow on the sand bed for a couple of days, then gluing the CC to the LR. Putting it in a crevice in the rock will help prevent it from moving.

You really have to pick a place where they want to be. It's more like influencing them to stay in a preferred place. Good luck.

Let the ric settle on a piece of rubble and glue the rubble where you want it. The ric will probably let go and drift where it wants, but at least you tried!

Is my Ricordia gonna move. Hes been glued down for 2 weeks, (the rock sliver he was attached to) And eaten twice, but seems to be closing up more at night. Open completley normally during the day though. Is this him just getting settled and closing shop for the night?

Birdman, sounds like pretty normal behavior. It won’t really move so much as detach, but I would think if it’s extending and has stayed put for a couple of weeks, that it should stay where you have put it.

Archived