Innovative Marine Aquariums

Smalls NC12

smalls

Nice rics.. Try changing up your feeding a little bit, switch between brine and a couple of other things.

Sucks about the clown, but at least they replaced him with a healthy one for ya.

latteslave

Nice Ric in the first pic...

Sorry to hear about the first clown - let's see a FTS when you get the chance.

B

Per request a FTS

post-14481-1244002594_thumb.jpg

heres a couple diff ric pics think they a tad bit better than the first ones notice the new mouth growing on the neon green ric :)

post-14481-1244002670_thumb.jpg

post-14481-1244002703_thumb.jpg

now one of this new hitchhiker anyone know if it is good or bad?

post-14481-1244002929_thumb.jpg

Mmk other day i noticed there was a brown spot on underside of the reg green ric. however there is a new baby ric growing on the bottom. should i worry about the brown spot?

post-14481-1244003410_thumb.jpg

post-14481-1244003525_thumb.jpg

Alright now 2 closeups of the clown. over the past week and half or so I noticed that his fins are damaged >< and has a white spot on him. now ive heard of ick but the pics ive seen is a definite raised white spot so i dont think it is that but concerned it might get worse params are all fine.

post-14481-1244004005_thumb.jpg

post-14481-1244004322_thumb.jpg

post-14481-1244004354_thumb.jpg

Found out had a few flatworms on my coral >< got them removed ok i think. first thing when i was rying to get the worms off my coral i noticed some bright blue stuff cmae out of the mouth of my Ric is this normal? and the spots and fin damage on my clown the LFS said it could be a fungal disease and gave me some pimafix. now i dosed it yesterday and today the fins look a tad better but noticed some black spots on his body does this sound right or am i trying to treat something thats not there.

thanks in advance for the help.

OK so im convinced i either have a baby lobster or baby pistol shrimp hitchhiker in my tank. no popping noises (yes i know what the sound like had a pistol in my 6 gallon back in the day) and cant really get him to come out of the rockwork. id say it is about a half inch long has what looks like a lobster tail and one small claw and one humongous claw. been looking at him for 2 weeks now seeing bits and pieces here and there. from what i can tell it is clear-ish with black spots. any ideas on a id? oh and bump on the clownfish problem. been dosing pimafix past 3 days the damage on fins seems to be getting better but couple little black specks showing up now.

Thanks for the help. oh and its ok to reply to these questions i wont get mad i promise

EDIT just got a good look at the big claw looks like it is definetly a pistol shrimp big huge claw but the pinchers on it are fairly small in comparison to the the whole arm. the back is banded with the spots only on the tail

A reply every now and again would be nice. ok so more exciting news i noticed a couple of my hermits seemlike they have laid eggs. how viable is it to get the eggs and hatch / raise them? now i still consider myself inexpierenced but have never been able to not do anything i put my head too. noticed the eggs when on of the hermits got turned over and was righting itself looked like a dark red round coffee grains about the size of a pinhead. and still looking on some info from past 2-3 posts. the clown seems like he is getting better with the pimafix going to dose for 2 more days then do a 20% water change and probly a 10% the day after to get the chemicals out.

Dont mean to sound like a sour apple, but im a sour apple. seems some people could say they farted in the tank and their corals doubled in size in one day.....and they would get 100 views with 20 replys..... i have actual questions trying to make the best tank i can with what i got (live in a 13x13 room) and cant get any help. picked a free floating zoo frag today polyps wernt open but got it for 5 bucks.. turns out there was a nudi on it not sure if it good or bad kind if it was on a frag with maybe 10 poylps fig it was the zoa eating kind so chunked it.. well not yet it is in the bucket but dont think im throwing it in tank prolly get the toilet bowl funeral. picked up a randalls shrimp goby as well for some sand maintenece, however the one that came in for me looks like its prolly almost full grown and maybe a little big for tank idk. i do have a 2-3" sandbed though so hell have plenty of hiding space if he ever builds some tunnels.

well ill say it again thanks in advance for the help....oh and been waiting on the answers for all the other questions. oh and the hermit eggs hatched but didnt know what to do and they got sucked in filter or clown ate em....little late on the answer for thatl.,

• 10 months later...

Archived