Innovative Marine Aquariums

Monti with purple polyps

qsails

Sweet monti. I've never seen a green one with purple polyps. I have a deep purple/magenta one with purple poylps like yours though. Want to swap some frags? :)

That about what I paid for my 1 small piece. But I had to have it.

Ox this is not Green it is bare butt white with purple polyps.

I also picked this up as well.

I just got a similar one, but the thing was a bit browned out from being under poor lighting, so it's a beige color with blue polyps. I will snap a pic of it.

Sqaure inch-wise, I probably paid a similar price, but it's beginning to encrust already. Damn things go for $80 on ebay for a dime to quarter-sized frag from the mother colony.

Ken:

That's what my peice Looks like (5 bucks) but it is still lavender. You called it an effusa? Mine looks just like a cap. I will have to see the growth pattern to tell. Is the Effusa supposed to be encrusting?

It was listed as Montipora Effusa @ www.reefermadness.us when we got together on a group buy and broke up all the colonies. They have another one right now listed as Dazzling Plate Shaped Super Green Polyp Montipora monasteriata RMD09300027.jpg

Definitely a plating coral. The mother colony this one came from was a 7" plate: no vertical whirling.

i think the term "capricornis" is pretty loosely applied. Who cares, as long as it's cool looking.

Originally posted by kennerd

Who cares, as long as it's cool looking. [/b]

I agree. I mounted it vertically. We shall see how it grows. I am hoping it branches/plates well. It should be very happy under the VHO's.

Archived