ReefCleaners.org

New 7g! Setup PICS!

colemanitis

I set up my 7g mini-bow last night. Here's some pics taken during setup, plus a few taken this morning. Let me know what you think.

Tank

tank.jpg

Southdown

sand.jpg

LR

rock.jpg

PC Light

light.jpg

Finished

southdown.jpg

The next morning

tank101303.jpg

Full tank shot

tank101303b.jpg

Originally posted by Kirklan

Looks nice so far!  What type of lighting is that?  Are you using a power filter on the back?  Everything looks great!

Thanks for the compliment! The PC light is a JBJ 48w 50/50. The HOB filter is an AquaClear Mini.

Sexy black background. Mine has that too, love it. My only suggestion is to move that stick on thermometer over on to one of the sides near the rear of the tank so it's not so noticeable.

Originally posted by cajastan

Sexy black background. Mine has that too, love it. My only suggestion is to move that stick on thermometer over on to one of the sides near the rear of the tank so it's not so noticeable.

Also, are you able to put the heater closer to the bottom in the back. The rocks will hide the heater and it will heat more effeciently from the bottom up.

Originally posted by cajastan

My only suggestion is to move that stick on thermometer over on to one of the sides near the rear of the tank so it's not so noticeable.

Definitely will be moved - once the temp is set I'll relocate the thermometer.

If you don't mind my asking, how much were those lights. Also it appears that the legs are adjustable, right. Looks like I just found a new light for a 10 gallon nano!

Also, are you able to put the heater closer to the bottom in the back.  The rocks will hide the heater and it will heat more effeciently from the bottom up.

Nope, as of now the heater can't go behind the rock. I may re-think this though.

Gotta meet some friends for breakfast. I'll post an actinic picture when I get back and answer any other questions you have then. Later.

If you don't mind my asking, how much were those lights.  Also it appears that the legs are adjustable, right.  Looks like I just found a new light for a 10 gallon nano!

I think it runs around $120. The height isn't adjustable, but the width is adjustable for longer/shorter tanks.
Originally posted by okinamgagoka

Looks good. where did you purchase the light from?

I got the light from my brother, so I'm not sure where he purchased it. I can find out though.
Originally posted by heuerfan

Cool hood, was that custom made?  I never seen that before when i was looking for lighting for my 7 bow.

Thanks,

Steven

Nope, not a custom job.

One more thing about the light for those thinking about purchasing one. It has two switches, one for 10k, one for actinic, but it only has one power cord. This makes it impossible to simulated dusk/dawn with timers. I'm sure you could re-wire it somehow to make this work though.

I really dig that light!! Great job on everything else, I just set up mine the other day and these boards are a huge help!!! I was pretty fortunate that my Heater fits in my power filter so I didn't have to put mine directly in my tank. I agree though with everyone, slide the rock forward a bit and squeeze it in behind if possible. Only so much room in there though, right? Good luck and keep the pics coming...

Originally posted by Henna Ojisan

I was pretty fortunate that my Heater fits in my power filter so I didn't have to put mine directly in my tank.

This is a great idea!

Archived