Coral Vue Hydros

Solana 34g using TBS

MolokoPlus

That Purple plant looking thing I cant Identify has shed its "skin" twice and has grown polyps. Pretty amazing to watch the transformation...I almost yanked it thinking it was dying and polluting...heres a pic. Keep in mind its low res I have to drop to 5megapixels to fit on these forums.

post-26241-1238513524_thumb.jpg

Looks like Plexaurella.sp to me. They do shed and then the polyps come back out. Photosynthetic, I have one in my biocube that is doing well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
MolokoPlus

Havent been on the computer much thought it might be time for an update but pics will have to wait. Just a general coral/fish listing for now pics maybe in a day or 2 im swamped at work.

1. 4 blue ricordia with hot pink mouths

2. 3 green ricordia 1 dark, 1 light , 1 flourecent yellow

3. 3 orange multi color ricordia (pics will help on this one)

4. 2 pink w/ purple fringe and flourecent yellow mouth ricordia with a green ric hitchhiker (from old tank)

5. 1 medium frag hot pink...maybe palys or just big zoas....someone will have to identify for me

6. 1 medium frag paly/zoo not sure half and half brown with neon orange dot in the center other half bright green with long frills.

7. 1 small frag 10 polyps Tubb's True Blue zoanthids

8. 1 small frag 10 polyps Green Dragon Eyes.

9. 1 small frag 8-9 polyps Eagle Eye zoanthids

10. 1 large rock consisting of some ugly brown palys but mostly Ring Of Fire Palys (size of a nickle)

11. 1 Bali Purple TriColor Acropora (hasnt turned purple yet but will ive been guaranteed.(as long as it lives heh my first SPS coral snatched for 40$)

12. 1 firefish

I got rid of the condylactis and put it in my other tank with the torch corals....it was turning brown...think was being burned by the MH. Considering moving flower nem to other tank as well..these things are messy and belch out a brown slime after they digest. Its unfortunate that none of my LFS will take some corals off my hands for trade in. I really wanna get rid of my gorgonias and that shedding thing someone identified earlier in this topic. I have a picture in my head what I want this tank to look like in a year and unfortunately alot of the free corals I got from TBS are not in that picture.

In a few months I will be adding 2 different montipora 1 millepora and 4 or 5 other acros If my bali does well.

Pics soon I promise

MolokoPlus

forgot 1 frag...my pride and joy...6 polyps of Lunar Kamikazee zoanthid. the downside is they do not cluster. The upside...the most spectacular zoa ive ever seen. Fiery Neon Orange.....under MH...no actinic....WOW!

got pics waiting for my lunar kamikazees to open fully...i wish this forum accepted better than 6mpx the pics dont do justice.

Archived