Coral Vue Hydros

Day by day log of a newbies 30 gallon, TBS startup tank

wooglin

I am starting up a 30 gallon reef tank using the TBS "package". It thought it might be nice to document my progress. Here is my first picture. All I have right now is my tank, heater, and light. I have an Aqau-C remora on the way, 2 Maxijet 900's, and an assortment of tests, and other misc items. All this should arrive Wed, or Thur. I am planning on having the TBS "package" delivered Sat. if all goes well.

day1.jpgday1-2.jpg

Cool, supposedly if you use their 'package' with their live rock and sand you should have next to no cycle. I really like the way their live rock looks too.

Ok, here we go. The pictures follow. I have arranged the rock in the final picture. There are so many hitchhikers it is nuts. I hate to imagine how I am going to figure out how to put the last 30 pounds in without damaging anything!!!

tbsday1a.jpg

tbsday1b.jpg

tbsday1c.jpg

tbsday1e.jpg

tbsday1f.jpg

Looks like a nice arangement, and it looked like there were tons of hitch hikers. I cant wait to see a photo with clear water and the lights on.

C. Jerome

Very nice so far. Living in tampa, I used the package for my 5.5 gallon. I love the look of thier rock and the amount of life on it. That's just the base and deco rock right?

btw, that's TBS's laive sand. It's very cool looking, with a variety of shapes and colors.

Jon

Archived