Cultivated Reef

70 watt halide fixture?????

cvarcher

I saw an ad for a 70 watt halide bulb.Seems this would be perfect for a nano reef.Is there a fixture that matches this bulb and what is the brand? Who sells it?

it is an hqi 70 watt double ended hallide. i forget the company the sells the ballast but there is a thread on it some where in the main forum.

Hey, Corrado: long time since I've spoken to you!  I bought your Lifereef overflow from you awhile back.  Since sold it to another nano reefer.  Never used it, and discovered that it actually got broken durnig shipping, but the fellow that bought it does acrylic work, so I didn't get hurt too badly.  In fact, go to this link @ Reef Central: same feller has this 70w setup here:

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showt...15&goto=newpost

Also, just found this post two minutes ago on Reefs.org for a 70w setup with extra bulbs:

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15097

Did you ever sell your 30 gal?

Hi, yes I sold the 30 gal reef peice by peice and did fine.What happened was it became another chore around the home and so I wasnt enjoying it. Since then I started a 15 gal nano reef at work on my desk and I love it.Ive been trying to post pics here but it doesnt want to take. Give me your e address and Ill send you a couple of pics.Id like to upgrade the lighting (2-32 watt PCs ) to a lttle more power and thought the 70 watt MH might be perfect.Sorry to hear about that Life reef breaking in shipment.I thought I packed it up real well.

Lunchbucket

sorry i haven't had time to post much!

yes they do exist and i have one.  that guy on reefs.org is a nice guy and making a pretty good deal.  i am getting 2 bulbs from hime.

also, read that 1st link someone kindly placed.  tells quite a bit about it.  it is a great light and i LOVE IT but i am begginning to become a freak and thinking of getting a 150w HQI.

any ?'s just ask

Lunchbucket

NanoReefer53

no worries...you're not krzy LB. I'm thinkin about upgrading my lights to a 250w HQI in the fall. That's equivilant to a 400w mogul :circle:

• 2 weeks later...
Lunchbucket

well, i just bought a 150w AB aquaspacelight that will go on my 10gal sps nano, then i will put the 70w HQI on my 5.5 and use as a grow out...putting a big sump on there too :D

Lunchbucket

NanoReefer53

u gonna hang the spacelight since it's 24" ? I was going to buy from the exact same guy but then my mom would kill my if i drilled holes in the ceiling =P. Let me know when u have SPS frags for sale, i'm interested.

Lunchbucket

ahh, he mentioned something about someone dropping the sale on him...didn't sound too happy.  anyhow i am glad because now i have it!!!! :P

no i am going to sit it on top of my canopy like i have my PFO mini pendant now.

Lunchbucket

NanoReefer53

oops...i forgot to e-mail him back :o

It was also out of my price range too. I just bout an enclosed 250w ballast for $40 and a 250w iwasaki for $55 so i'm pretty much set.

Archived