Innovative Marine Aquariums

How to clean outside of glass aquarium?

jaxie

I use Windex, just spray the towel AWAY from your aquarium, and wipe it down. You never want to spray anything around your tank, including glass windows that are close to it.

I use extra strength anti-bacterial multi-surface windex. I spray a ton on a paper towel and wipe the whole tank down every couple of days. No way is my tank ever gonna get the creep look. Also, I have never had any problems with this method.

I wipe down with water to remove any salt "trails" (it happens), dry with a paper towel, and once a week or so spray a cloth with windex, and wipe down the front.

I don't use any chemicals whatsoever on the cover for the tank. Eugh. Bad idea.

-Sumbel.

First I put RO/DI water in a pastic container and airrate overnight. Then I test for Alk/Calc and add buffers if needed. I put a drop of iodine and maybe some reef complete. I then evacuate the house of people and pets. I close all of the windows and blinds. I put on my bio hazard suit and goggles. Then I take a piece of 1000 micron filter pad and dip it ever so lightly in the water which has been heated to 80. I gently rubb the front of the glass in a clockwise motion trying no to breath to hard on the glass. If this dosn'et work I just take some windex and spray it on the tank and wipe.:P

Originally posted by nanoman

First I put RO/DI water in a pastic container and airrate overnight. Then I test for Alk/Calc and add buffers if needed. I put a drop of iodine and maybe some reef complete. I then evacuate the house of people and pets. I close all of the windows and blinds. I put on my bio hazard suit and goggles. Then I take a piece of 1000 micron filter pad and dip it ever so lightly in the water which has been heated to 80. I gently rubb the front of the glass in a clockwise motion trying no to breath to hard on the glass. If this dosn'et work I just take some windex and spray it on the tank and wipe.:P

hihi.gif

Archived