inTank Media Baskets

Have your zoos stopped open lately?

Cyber

Hello everyone!

I thought I should share this information with reefers. I recently have problem with some of my zoos refuse to open. At closer look, I found some nudibranches crawling around and causing the polyps to close up. I suspect that they release some kind of toxic on their way or perhaps worse, they eat the zoos. So far I lost just a few polyps. These polyps remain closed and dissapear slowly after those nudibranches crawl across them. Currently I use rigid tube to suck them out one by one when I see them. They seem to detach easily from the polyps when I suck them out. Let hope they dont lay eggs...yet. After removing the nudi, the remain zoos seem to open up right away (5min after).

So for those who just have no clue why their zoos are gone slowly day after day, take a closer look around. Probably you are visited by "nudi".

Notes: This is different with the montipora killer nudi that I posted about few months ago. Yep, nudi seems to love me and my tanks.

Here the photo of the killer.

nudi.jpg

Cyber

Just for the record.

DO NOT TOUCH THESE WITH YOUR BARE HANDS! YOU WILL DIE OR ALMOST DIE!

(nanoreef.com assumes no responsibility if you choose to squish it with your finger)

Archived