inTank Media Baskets

HELP with my Tunze ATO- GRRRR!

here fishy fishy

here fishy fishy

So I got my Osmolator set up this morning. I put the optical sensor at the water level I wanted. But the thing turns on, turns off for a second, turns on, turns off for a second. It continues to add water even though the sensor is completely under water by this time. I tried getting a little water out of the tank, so it was below the sensor, so that it could fill up to that point and shut off...but that didn't work either, it just keeps on pumping water in at these short intervals. It shuts off just for a couple seconds, but then pumps water in for like, 15-20 seconds. WAY overfilling it.

The float is supposed to be an EMERGENCY shut off, right? The cone shaped sensor is supposed to do both the on and off?

I have the sensor in my return pump chamber...the water in there is perfectly calm.

HELP! My salinity is gonna be a mess! :angry:

I had the same issue with my Osmolator. If you go to the vendor forum over at RC, you will see a lot of posts on this issue. They recommend you wash the sensor in warm soapy water and rinse well. The plastic traps air bubbles when new and the soap help eliminate this problem. The air bubbles cause false readings.

In my case, it just would not shut off and it turned out to be a bad controller. I ended up sending it back and received a new unit and the new one worked great right out of the box. I have been using it about 3 months now with no issues.

I had this problem the first time I set up my osmolator too, and I just swished it around to get rid of the air bubble. Has been working great for 4 months now.

here fishy fishy

Okay, did the water swishy soapy thingy. Hopefully this will work. While I figured on spending this weekend babysitting an ATO, somehow I'm still a little annoyed at haivng to babysit the ATO!

I moved my shut-off float way down...that should stop it if it goes haywire anyway.

thanks!!

I had this problem the first time I set up my osmolator too, and I just swished it around to get rid of the air bubble. Has been working great for 4 months now.
HecticDialectics

go over to the vendor tunze forum on RC and tell 'em...

(my tunze ato worked great out of the box, i wouldn't go with anything else)

Archived