inTank Media Baskets

What's your weirdest invert?

CarsonF

CorvetteJoe

The weirdest/coolest in my tank is my Purple Pincushion Urchin. Here he is with a piece of my good GSP I scraped off the side of the tank glass. He found it and has been carrying it around for a good 2 months now LOL. As long as he has this, he leaves everything else alone. They are doing well being carried around too.

IMG_2214%20(Large).jpg

Hoonie, I love your tux, if I didnt have my PPC, I'd get a tux. The urchins are just cool little creatures!

• 2 weeks later...

my 'cuke died the other day :tears: :tears: i want to blame the huge freaking aptasia. gawd I'm peeeesed!

Fuzzy Chitons! Really cool fossil-snails!

Check out John Maloney's page for some, they dominate turf algae!

9 hole abalone and chitons, one of the Chitons is a Hitchhiker about 5 mm long and pink the other is store bought and big and black and white but the abalone is my favorite it practically jumps off the rock to grab the nori I feed him

Ooh and pickle (little black hitchiker cucumber) or... The severed arm!!! Muahahaha type of linkia I believe, found it in a LFS LR tank it had 4 tiny nubs where it's growing back the other arms

This thread is cool, inverts over fish any day!

+1 This thread is cool. Mine is a crazy sally light foot crab.

lakshwadeep
hey everybody, i was wondering what you think the minimum aquarium size for a mantis is? thanks

It depends on the species. Not all can be kept in smaller tanks like picos. Do a search for them, as there are many mantis threads.

Hoonie778
Hoonie, I love your tux, if I didnt have my PPC, I'd get a tux. The urchins are just cool little creatures!

Thanks!!

I love him too. Colonel Spikeface is soooo funny to watch. He begs for nori in a certain corner, and sometimes he picks us the filter thing and wears it as a hat (see my tank thread for pics) Hilarious!

:lol:

My bubble shell, it looks like the pic I just haven't taken any pics myself.

71201214.6cuOGIk2.jpg

Tell me what this is and the care please.... O_O

I miss my decorator crab..he was a hitchiker on some LR about a year ago. He was still around when I switched tanks but I havnt seen him in a month or so..no to say hes dead. He was always good at camoflage. Next up is anyone of the crazy woms I got from eunicids-spagetti worms. I got some kind of worm thats a filter feeder it has these long feather looking things it hangs out of the hole.

Tell me what this is and the care please.... O_O

These guys only eat Polychaete Worms (bristle worms). I'd also be interested in where you obtained your Hydatina physis.

Jacobnano

My local fish store got them from portland. Very cool but they are 35 bucks each. They supposedly eat algae and diatoms. Do some google searches, there are way better resources than me..

They are called bubble shells or bubble snails. Mine is a rose petal bubble shell. Very cool too. They are also relatively big.

thegambler26

whoa that bubble shell is awesome. What exactly is it? A snail or nudibranch? I've never even heard of one in my 4+ years of reefing!!

danimal1211

Next time I see him do it I'll get pics, but one of my red legged hermits likes to do headstands. I also have a peanut worm. The oddest creature I've seen so far though is my stomatella hitchhiker. he only comes out at nighttime very strange but by far the best grazer in my tank!

My local fish store got them from portland. Very cool but they are 35 bucks each. They supposedly eat algae and diatoms. Do some google searches, there are way better resources than me..

They are called bubble shells or bubble snails. Mine is a rose petal bubble shell. Very cool too. They are also relatively big.

Haminoea cymbalum are said to eat filamentous algae, but from the picture you posted it looks like you have Hydatina physis which is said to be a specialized feeder eating only cirratulinid polychaete worms or spaghetti worms.

Jacobnano

I think that it is creature that is in between the two in the evolution of nudibranch to snail. they are very cool and burrow in the sand. I love nudibranchs, but they are all usually very short lived.

^^^^^Ya some eat algea, the green ones, and mine eats the worms lol.

My coolest invert is probably a tie between the peppermint shrimp and the longspine urchin... I think they're coolest mostly because everyone else likes them and they're intriguing. They're still sometimes a pain the the butt though... The peppermint steals food from the corals all the time and the urchin can take out a quarter sized patch of coralline in about 10 minutes.... They're still cool though.

Mine would be my Tiger pistol shrimp, he spends all day destroying my tank in a new way, it's great!

Kermyandshrimpy.jpg

Archived