ReefCleaners.org

trouble with tunze 9002

dbk9

Hey guys i just bought a tunze 9002 off of a local reefer. It is the hang on style and either im really dumb, or this is pretty hard to hang. Can i order magnets for this style?

Any pictures or help hanging this would be appreciated!

By the way, i am trying to hang this in the first chamber of an AP24.

The old-style bracket is not very user-friendly, and even the manual doesn't help much. Good luck with that. However, you did mention using a magnet. This is how the newer 9002s mount, and it is still possible to do it with the older ones. You need to get your hands on a magnet from the Tunze Nanostream pumps (or possibly from other Tunze products, but I know the pumps came with them because this is what I used). There are two holes in the magnet housing; you can attach the magnet to the skimmer with the screws that came with the bracket. Easy as pie, HTH

mr fosi - i have, and read through the manual that i own a few times. like i said, im probably just dumb ;)

mikellini - thank you. i went to the tunze website and located they're spare parts section and ordered the spare magnet set they have for the tunze-6045.

You're welcome, no problem. Good luck, and PM me if you have any more problems with the skimmer. I pretty well know it inside and out.

Archived