inTank Media Baskets

Is this Aiptasia?

stinkyrat

geebus krust...... talk about asking for it ...... in the form of a "slam on me post...." :rolleyes:

is this Ambrosia salad ?

C66_Img1_-_Cara_-_smaller.jpg

Tl: Dr ..........no it isn't

I've been looking at websites since feb and every picture is different, i have seen pictures of them that look alot like mine and also some that look totally different, so im just really confused and figured i could get help here...

Eh, don't mind Dave, he gets cranky sometimes. If you've been looking around at different pics of aiptasia, then by now you should know that what you have pictured there is not aiptasia. FWIW, I have three or four unidentified anemones in my tank that look similar to yours but have clear tentacles, and an opaque body. They have not spread, nor grown any bigger, nor have they moved in 9 months so I leave them alone.

How long has this hitchiker of yours been in the tank? Has it moved from it's original location? Has it grown or multiplied? Does it retract when you touch it? How big is it?

I have had it since Feb. It has not moved. It grew a little in the beginning but hasnt grown since it is about an inch when out all the way. it rectracts when i touch it and the tenticles are sticky feeling.

Archived