ReefCleaners.org

My DIY Reef Controller (arduino)

jener8tionx

IT works now!!!!!! Hooray...

So I went with the i2c mode just because I found more information specific to my LCD...

I ended up putting on some "pullup resistors" on the data lines and I re-extracted the libraries...

Now everything seems to compile correctly and I currently have an LCD test running.

I'm excited I got this far... this LCD has been a huge mental block... First because it took over a month to get here (USPS sucks balls), and second it's taken me 4 days just to get some letters to show up! Okay... now I have to figure out what else to start on... I'm thinking the temp sensor will be the easiest. I have the DS18B20 sensor...

Jener8, ya dead mon? Your build site rocks but I need to ask you about some of the details... I'll post on your forum as well since you might check that more...

jener8tionx
Jener8, ya dead mon? Your build site rocks but I need to ask you about some of the details... I'll post on your forum as well since you might check that more...

Sorry, I was checking this for a while, but there were no responses. I will get to you over at reefprojects.com

• 9 months later...

I got a PM about my project so I thought I would post an update. It has been running now for about 6mo with zero problems.

The whole build can be found here:

DIY Reef Controller

Apbuild_16.jpg

I used the breadboard for easy changes and CAT 5 for connecting wires from the relays to the controller and the thermometer to the controller.

Apbuild_17.jpg

Installed

Stand.jpg

Archived