Innovative Marine Aquariums

Minibow 7 and Cpr Refugium??

cliffrouse11baseball

cliffrouse11baseball

Just wandering because I just ordered the 12 in cpr refugium with the 12 in jali light. I was wandering did anybody have this setup on there minibow. If so I would love to see some pics and if it has helped out any with your systems. Thanks

cliffrouse11baseball

Crakeur Did you have any problems with back flow into your tank when you had the aquafuge on your 7 gallon. If so what did you do to fix it?? Thanks alot...

pm response sent.

for anyone else interested, yes, backflow can flood the tank and then the floor. Living in New York City I always thought, well, at least I won't have a blackout unless the building notifies me of a shut down for a few hours. So I never worried about it.

fortunately, I had upgraded to the 26 by the time I learned that even a city as grand as this one is susceptible to blackouts. As I sat in my car in complete standstill traffic, my fears went as follows:

1. please let my daughter be in the apartment and not stuck in an elevator.

2. please let my tank not flood the floor as a result of fuge backflow (didn't happen thanks to evap)

3. please let this not be terrorism

4. please let my wife be ok.

ok, maybe 3 and 4 were reversed.

backflow on a small tank with a fuge is a huge concern if you live in an area that suffers power outtages (hurricane season, tornado alley, trailer park with crappy wiring, Jersey (they lose power whenever a fat guy farts).

cliffrouse11baseball

I have a question. Couldnt I run the pump to the refugium on a power strip with a backup power supply for those short blackout times??? Just to prevent a flood... Even with the smaller surge protectors that should run over an hour i think. The powerhead only takes 6 watts of power..

Archived