Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

more nanocube feedback?

david

any more about the nanocube being problematic (previous thread about substandard wiring and lighting)? I am about to order live rock for mine and get things started. don't want to worry about basic operation and/or fire!!

well, I was one of the guys that had an issue with my light. JBJ fixed it for free and I was on my way...no problems since. (knock on wood)

please keep in mind this is an insanely mass produced product, more people go online to complain rather than praise. So just because you read a few negative comments does not mean it is no good.

I didn't wanna scare ya w/ my JBJ experiences earlier and like I did mention I've heard they are better than before. Sounds like from JLTRUK's experience they seem to have turned themselves around.

Cameron

My light crapped out on mine (ballast) within 2 weeks, supplied pump is noisy and stopped and started a lot. Also #### poor design of sump area on this thing - water is basically stagnant in a large portion of it. I got the ballast replaced for free but honestly aside from it looking cool I would rate this tank a POS for quality and design. If I hadn't sold my 7 mini bow I would move everything back to that and ditch this thing. For now I guess I'll work with it but it's about the sketchiest thing I've bought in years.

I havn't had any problems yet. I put a lot of work into mine though. I Took the whole thing apart and rewired the wiring for make it more water proof. Ditched the media from the filter area and sealed up the holes back there. Added a 32 watt light to it. I'm in the process of trying to plan some sorta fuge for the back. No problems yet though, but I'm keeping a careful eye out.

Mines been working good so far. My ballast has been replaced as it fried after I had it for 3 days (LFS gave me a new one). I don't necessarily think that the tank and ballast is made by JBJ. Someone else in Cali has the exact same tank but it is made by "Boyu", an oriental company. So far my tank is doing great as far as my zoos, shrooms, and xenia are concerned. I got a great deal on a full setup from the LFS otherwise I would have went with a 15 or 20L.

Archived