Innovative Marine Aquariums

Koralia 1

Kgrif71

Ok so I started a 20 gal reef and I have an AC70 to be used as a fuge once cycled, right now just has filter floss.

So anyway, my question is this, I have the fuge on the left side of the tank and I have this Koralia one. Right now it is on the right wall toward the back of the tank and pointed semi upward for surface water breakage, however, doesn't this cit off the purpose of using it for flow to the rest of the tank. is there a better place to put it? Like maybe bring it towards the front and face it at the rock or just whats best? Does it need to break the surface area or just create flow inside the tank?

I'd post a pic but its totally cloudy from the sand stir after pouring in which leads me to another question - With the filter floss in there to catch all the sand debris, do I need to pull it out to rinse it or just keep pulling it out and replacing it. I did take it out once to rinse it but it a lot of stuff back into the tank and clouded it up again. Geesh I need help!

Ok so I started a 20 gal reef and I have an AC70 to be used as a fuge once cycled, right now just has filter floss.

So anyway, my question is this, I have the fuge on the left side of the tank and I have this Koralia one. Right now it is on the right wall toward the back of the tank and pointed semi upward for surface water breakage, however, doesn't this cit off the purpose of using it for flow to the rest of the tank. is there a better place to put it? Like maybe bring it towards the front and face it at the rock or just whats best? Does it need to break the surface area or just create flow inside the tank?

I'd post a pic but its totally cloudy from the sand stir after pouring in which leads me to another question - With the filter floss in there to catch all the sand debris, do I need to pull it out to rinse it or just keep pulling it out and replacing it. I did take it out once to rinse it but it a lot of stuff back into the tank and clouded it up again. Geesh I need help!

Im confused as what your problem is, You can use it for movement in the tank. Or also have it moving the top of your water.

Well my question was really do I have to use it to break up the surface of the water because I had originally asked someone and they said to have it break the surface of the water, so I thought it had to do that. So basically I guess your saying there is no need to break the surface of the water with anything other than the ac70 fuge (for surface agitation i mean) and I can just place the Koralia in the tank wherever I want?

Archived