inTank Media Baskets

Octopus HoB skimmer

Goonter

I currently have an AquaC Remora skimmer on my 40g tank, and i would love to increase water quality so i was thinking the best idea is to upgrade the skimmer (i never drilled the tank and i regret it but i won't tear it down to drill it.) So i was looking at the Octopus BH-100F model. anyone know if it is better, or if it is that much better than the remora? i have been looking into the octopus one and it seems a lot of people say they like it, but i thought i'd ask here and see what people think.

Don't know about the BH - 100F. I've been using the Octopus BH 1000 for about a month now. I like that the pump on the BH 1000 is outside the tank. I've been impressed by it so far, I'm getting nice, dark, skimmate from my BC29. I never was too happy by the performance of the AquaC when I owned one, but I know plenty of folks love theirs.

Sorry for the highjack, though this might help you decide.

cmador: Would you say your Octopus is significantly quieter then the remora?

Had a remora pro and noise was probably my biggest complaint.

goonter:

Don't know what your budget is or how long you can wait but you might wat to look at the Warner Marine H1 at Aquacave.com great reviews

Sorry for the highjack, though this might help you decide.

cmador: Would you say your Octopus is significantly quieter then the remora?

Had a remora pro and noise was probably my biggest complaint.

goonter:

Don't know what your budget is or how long you can wait but you might wat to look at the Warner Marine H1 at Aquacave.com great reviews

The Octo has a silencer on it which makes it extremely quiet.

Archived