Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Return Pump for CAD 39g Signature

Spent198

Has anyone replaced the stock return with a new pump? If so, what did you use? I know the stock pump is 500gph, and I do not want to go much above that because I already have an MP20 in there. My stock pump is making crazy noises and I can't seem to figure out why. -_-

-Carl

Scott Riemer
Has anyone replaced the stock return with a new pump? If so, what did you use? I know the stock pump is 500gph, and I do not want to go much above that because I already have an MP20 in there. My stock pump is making crazy noises and I can't seem to figure out why. -_-

-Carl

Would a Rio Hyper Flow Pump fit?

Rio 8 HF

550 gph @ 1 ft. / 270 gph @ 4 ft. / Max head 6.5 ft.

Dimensions 4.4" X 2.3" X 2.8"

I closed the duplicate thread. ;)

Are you sure it's not lying against the side of the tank at all?

They are a real ##### to take out most of the time.

Mine was rattling like crazy a while back and I checked it and removed it. Nothing looked out of whack. Put it back in and I made sure to make sure it wasn't touching the side of the tank and such.

Never made a real noise again.

If the cord is too taught, it can pull the pump towards the side of the tank which will make it rattle like a mfer.

Are you sure it's not lying against the side of the tank at all?

They are a real ##### to take out most of the time.

Mine was rattling like crazy a while back and I checked it and removed it. Nothing looked out of whack. Put it back in and I made sure to make sure it wasn't touching the side of the tank and such.

Never made a real noise again.

If the cord is too taught, it can pull the pump towards the side of the tank which will make it rattle like a mfer.

Yeah, it's not lying on the side of the tank. It is held in place very well right in the middle of the chamber. I am afraid of how much of a PITA it is going to be to change it out. :angry:

Archived