ReefCleaners.org

tunze 9002 skimmer problem

Vroooom

so i was running it for a week because i was using melafix in the tank it says to turn off the skimmer so i did, so i turn on yesterday and now that cup fills up in like 10 min whats up with that , i didnt touch nothing same way it was just unpluged its fairly new maybe month, i ran for two weeks with no problem before turned it off.

Does it fill with dark or tea skimmate or just water?

Try turning the blue knob clockwise (reduces the venturi air supply).

returnofsid

I would suggest that this is an effect of removing the Melafix from the system. Melafix is known for making skimmers go NUTS!!! Sometimes Melafix even makes the skimmer create a neon green foam.

well the knob is closed all the way, and yes it is pulling just water, and i di a 20% water change and put all my chemi pure and purigen back in it, i will just wait i guess until few days and than i will turn it on

If the knob is all the way closed then it should be producing no bubbles. If it is producing no bubbles, how does the cup fill up?

lfs said that because i used freaking that medine it will do that, so they told me turn it off for few days and than start it again, because that melafix has alloy vera or some sh... in it it will do that .

Aloe vera, yes I can see why that would cause lots of foam but I still don't see how your skimmer was generating foam if you turn the air intake all the way down.

i even called the tunze they said it will be like that until the medicine is out of system, so i did a 5 gallon change which 20% for my tank, i will another week do another change than will start powering the skimmer back on so thats the deal. Will se how it goes

Archived