Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ebo Jager Heaters - Fully submersible?

PuertoricanReefer

Note: Although this heater looks just like the Ebo heater that we've been selling for years, it is now made by Eheim and the instructions specify that the heater can only be submersed up to a line about 1/2" from the top of the unit

>>LINK<<

and

The heater can be fully immersed, is protected against running dry and is suitable for fresh or marine water.

>>LINK<<

:lol:

I know the old ones that I had were (10+years ago) but Ive noticed the news have a warning to not submerse. Never tried it myself though and I wouldnt risk it. I bought a stealth which is fully submersible.

Stealth seems to be the way to go, I have three of them.

OP-Try contacting the manufacturer and asking them because everywhere I've looked they're saying two different things.

This has been discussed in many threads.

Eheim Jagar heaters are in fact fully submersible as the Eheim website states. That statement however is not approved of by UL/U.S. standards though so they are not able to state that on the packaging/info for those shipped to the U.S. It doesn't mean they aren't submersible, just means they haven't been approved by U.S. standards for submersion.

Between my own aquariums of the past and back when I worked at a fish store that had over 100 tanks, I'd say I've used 50-75 of the old Ebo Jagar and newer Eheim Jagar heaters, fully submersed, and never had a single problem with any of them.

Stealth heaters are cheap, plastic, pieces of garbage. I will never own one after having so many customers return them. Jagar heaters are far superior and probably one of the best heaters made imo.

Actually it is the Canadian CUL that will not will not allow the heaters to be fully submersed. Since they have CUL cert, they have to be marked with a max water level, so rather than making 2 products one with CUL cert, and one with UL cert, they mark them as non submersible. Even though they are fully submersible in other locals.

Kim

Archived