Coral Vue Hydros

Should I hook up chiller inline w/fuge

NanoReefNovice

NanoReefNovice

I have a NC 24 w/ a 10 gal fuge. I want the fuge to be able to export pods and other good living stuff to the main tank. The question is, would it be okay to hook a chiller into the refugium output before the display tank, or would that destroy anything benifical on its way to the main tank?

The chiller should not damage a very high percentage of critters, but it will really depend on the size of the chiller and the flow rate through it. If it is a large chiller with a slow flow rate, it could drop the temp when the chiller is on, very low causing harm to critters. But if the chiller is sized right with the correct flow rate, the temp change in the water should be less than 5 degrees which is fine.

Kim

NanoReefNovice
The chiller should not damage a very high percentage of critters, but it will really depend on the size of the chiller and the flow rate through it. If it is a large chiller with a slow flow rate, it could drop the temp when the chiller is on, very low causing harm to critters. But if the chiller is sized right with the correct flow rate, the temp change in the water should be less than 5 degrees which is fine.

Kim

Cool, then it should be fine.

Archived