Coral Vue Hydros

How is the Oceanic Skimmer for the Biocube

cody6766

i have one, but the guy just threw it in as an extra when I bought my tank from him. He said he used it and it sucked, but I wanted to get some other opinions. I plan to keep SPS and a Clam in my BC14, so I think a functional skimmer will be a big help. Is this one even worth my install time and the $10 I'd spend on an air pump?

qwiksilver711
i have one, but the guy just threw it in as an extra when I bought my tank from him. He said he used it and it sucked, but I wanted to get some other opinions. I plan to keep SPS and a Clam in my BC14, so I think a functional skimmer will be a big help. Is this one even worth my install time and the $10 I'd spend on an air pump?

i could swear it came with an air pump... I've got one new in box, I'm just too lazy to see if it has an air pump. I hear good and bad things about them. I was waiting till the cycle ended before I installed mine though.

right now, stock, but I'm planning a 70w MH retrofit in the hood. The only photosynthetic animal in the tank now is a big blue shroom that wasn't looking so hot in the other tank. i think something was ####### it off so I moved it. I won't be adding anything until the MH job is done. The SPS and clam I speak of are in my 33g that will be broken down in a few months. Don't worry, I'm not a reef newb, just a biocube newb.

Oh, the skimmer didn't come with an air pump because I bought it from an individual and he just noticed it on a shelf and tossed it in when i was picking up the tank.

Mine runs pretty wet. I pull a little bit of light brown water out every couple days. Its not great but its better then nothing. I don't think it will handle heavy bioloads. I am going to upgrade in the near future though.

Archived