SaltCritters.com

Sapphire Skimmer & Media Reactor

BumbleBeeJBG

BumbleBeeJBG

Hello everyone, just put these in tonight, are they calibrated properly? Also am I going to have to deal with the dripping noise forever or is there a way to make the surface skimmer not do that but still keep the water level appropriate for the skimmer? Thanks.

th_MVI_9580.jpg

th_MVI_9581.jpg

Phosguard and Chemipure in the reactor.

Sapphire Aquatics

You can place a block of foam under the spillway for the water to run down through to quiet the noise for now. Once the wall builds up a little slime coat it will not make any more noise as the water will just run down along the wall rather than cascading into the second chamber. I have seen other members widen the spillway also so that the water will gently run over the wall rather than rushing through the small area.

P.S. Lower the gate valve all the way down for the first week. The skimmer needs some time to break in and having the gate valve that far up will collect some very wet skimmate.

BumbleBeeJBG
You can place a block of foam under the spillway for the water to run down through to quiet the noise for now. Once the wall builds up a little slime coat it will not make any more noise as the water will just run down along the wall rather than cascading into the second chamber. I have seen other members widen the spillway also so that the water will gently run over the wall rather than rushing through the small area.

P.S. Lower the gate valve all the way down for the first week. The skimmer needs some time to break in and having the gate valve that far up will collect some very wet skimmate.

The gate valve is down all the way, should the bubbles be higher?

Sapphire Aquatics

No, it just looked a little high in the video so I assumed you had the gate valve up. Do you have the water level in the rear chambers at the top of the viewing window on the side?

Everything looks good. The media reactor seems to have the right amount of flow too.

BumbleBeeJBG

Right now it's at the second spill over, is that where it should be?

IMG_9630.jpg

It's a JBJ 24g DX (as I'm sure you're aware)

BumbleBeeJBG

It randomly stops bubbling, if I take it out of the water (while on) then put it back in it'll start bubbling again... what's going on? :(

Sapphire Aquatics

Oops, just realized you have the NC24. The water level is too high in the rear chamber. It should be at or below the gap in the partition that separates the middle chamber from the right chamber, where the return pump is. I will post a diagram for you in a few minutes when I get to the office.

Archived