Coral Vue Hydros

Flower Pots

brahm

Every vegetarian I knew seemed a little scary militant if you know what I mean.

Wait for it.......

Maybe if you go to Macdonalds and get one of those new Maximus burgers it will take the edge off.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of COURSE he told you it would do well, he needed to get it out of his system before it died and he lost out on a sale. they will also tell you that your moorish idol will start eating once he settles down in your tank, that the live rock priced at 6 bux a pound only looks dead, its really cured, ect ect ect . Support online trading communitys and aquacultured livestock. Most LFS are crooks or dullards.... or both. IMO of course.

Originally posted by WetWilly

Support online trading communitys and aquacultured livestock. Most LFS are crooks or dullards.... or both.

yeah, 'cause the Internet is 100% reliable and truthfull with facts that you can bank on.

willy, shut up.

you look like a moron when you say that.

I'm sure that people who start up LFS stores jus wake up one day and say " I'm going to open a pet store that sells fish and requires thousands of dollars worth of investment in highly specialized equipment and livestock."

YEAH ! That'st how I'll become a millionare !

and I'm going to jump right into this, not read anything, and I'll just take everyones money !

MMMWUUAHH AHAHAHHAHAHEEEEAHHH !!

Screw the internet, They are just a bunch of cheap bastard Loungechair reefers !

Whatever

People get shafted online too, and the online stores are profiteering conglomerates that have morons picking items and packing them who for the most part couldn't even wire up a ballast that has Quick-connect snap clips.

Though I'm sure they could read the Foreign language section of the instructions just fine. Call the tech support line and start asking allsorts of general fish help.... bet they don't hang up on yer ass.

This was a decent thread.. some of you peoples drool is blurring the lines here. Your drool is making it hard to read.

so again.. shut it.

Wow dave, did you know they make de-cafinated brand thats just as tasty? Congratulations you set a new record. you made it on my A-hole list with your first post!

Serisouly wetwilly dave is on point.

It's pretty sad to not be able to trust any lfs store and I think that you just need to figure out who is a saleman and who is a hobbiest. And when it comes to online? What makes those guys more reptuable then somebody with a store front, they only thing that have is bigger profit margins.

Lets compare LFS to I dunno a couple other businesses and there specaility stores.

Crower Cams: They make Camshafts for race cars.. I have one in my camaro, when I was building my motor I went to crower gave them the specs and they ground me built me a cam to match my heads, superchager, bore stroke ect. Am I an Idiot for Trusting that these guys that DO nothing else for that past 20+ years but grind camshafts don't know 100% what they are doing. I have the dyno sheets to prove it was a good decission. Or should I have spent 3 years learning all the theorys behind camshaft design and brought them my own specs theatmay or may not work due to the fact that i've never designed a cam before?

What about when you go to get a hair cut, you go to a speciality store, a barber? Do you go in there not trusting that some guy that has been cutting hair for the past 30 years of his life doesn't know how to give you a hair cut, and is just a greasy saleman with a pair of sissors.

Now back to the LFS if you walk into a LFS where they do nothing but for the past 10-15 years sell Corals, fish ect. Your saying I was an idiot to assume that somebody who has dedicated there life to sitting inside a store all day everyday, and selling corals might know what they are talking about. You'd think they would have just a tiny bit of experience with corals and might be some sort of enthousist due to the fact that they are working or owning a LFS. I mean you gotta figure this guy didn't wake up one day and see.. Gee I hate working at this job "fill in job here" I think i'm going to open up a fish store, I had a goldfish once that was easy and the I mean.... come on..we all know owning a LFS = Girls & Money. lets face it, LFS is NOT a glamours job, unless your an enthuest your not going to work there.

True people do become jaded over the years, and thats what you have to watch out for, and that's what I found...a salesperson working at a LFS...and like I said I won't deal with him anymore.

And if push comes to shove, and i'm looking for advice and it's coming down to some random person online whom I know nothing about background wise, and somebody who I know spends the majority of there day to do nothing but taking care of corals and fish.... I'm going to trust the ladder at least I can attempt hold them accountable when I find out there advice was wrong.

WWilly, I hear what you're saying about bad LFS. The good ones don't seem very common, and they don't keep a high standard over the years. Also, if someone thinks there is a reason to pay 250% markup for dry goods, then I'm sure they'll invent some justification. BTW, there doesn't seem to be any limit to how many L33tards you can add your ignore list, and no big surprise, it doesn't take anything away from the good part of the board.;)

Brahm: pics, pics, pics. Alos, what is the number of tentacles on the polyps? 24=gonerpora 12=alevopora both are commonly called flower pots, but the alevo is considered much more hardy.

phishhead's pic back on page one is an alevopora.

One cools thingL the dead gonerpora skeletons make fabulous frag-mounts.

ok its spelled W-I-L-L-Y and M-E-R-E-L-Y, have another tall one d00d. OBTW how about some pics of your tank so you can exhibit to us all the fruits of your expansive knowledge. bet you dont have any:) make sure you put a little sign in front of it that says here ya go willy..... not that i dont trust you.

aparently it is far easier to post a comeback than it is to shut up and lurk, Weily.

ps: do a SEARCH for MEMBERS TANKS SECTION with my name

retard.

PS: sowah I speeiald uYor naime wong d00d.

ttyl willay.

ok read directions carefully, put a sign on it that says HERE YA GO WILLY. BTW if I lived in Albany id be angry and drunk too.. dont worry bro the first of the month is commin up, you can go get your we-fare check and get yoself a big ole block a dat gub-ment cheese. no offense

Originally posted by WetWilly

this is by far the most hostile reef board out there..

Didn't want to get off topic in that other thread, soooo

You seem to dish it out fine, though. Does the hostility bother you or give you that nice warm security-blanket kinda feel?

And I'm the cheese guy around here.....show your props.

Dear brahm,

LFS's will not lie in order to make a sale. Trust them implicitly. They always know what's best for you.

Sincerely,

Insurance Salesman

oh yea! got no problem with dishin it out:) But I generally focus my hostility at people who ask for it, people like.....well for lack of a better description, the ####### who calls himself dave. Nice friggin cheese bro!

Originally posted by Dave ESPI

ps: do a SEARCH for MEMBERS TANKS SECTION with my name  

I found a 54 gal, a 37 gal, a prank thread about a shot glass, but no thread about a nano. Can anyone post a link if there is a nano tank thread?

harumph... thas very odd.

I had a tengallon nano thread that was up there......

perhaps since Chris had his last : "Binge and Purge" with the forums, it may have been axed as it was indeed a ways back.

Thanks Rob :)

I'll have to snap some new pics of "the forest" !

Sea Mountain I'm not saying they won't lie, I was saying why it's understandable to think that you could trust them, and that you need to pick the salespeople out from the enthuiest that will actaully help you.

brahm, the goni is beautiful...I hope it lives for ya...agreed, many of the of the guys jerkin fish at these stores are enthusiasts. but if its closing time and he thinks that selling you that goni will get you out the door quicker....anyway, support aquacultured livestock and trading communitys. nice pic btw.

QUOTE] WetWipey blabbered out incoheriently

dont forget to put a sign in front thats says....repeat after me......HERE YA GO WILLY I have this theory that your full of ######. no offense #######:)

Wrong Your, moron.

that would be You're or the abrevus of You are.

Lurk more, and bite your tongue noob, for you know not the powers of Teh Dark Syide

and uh.... do a seach on who I am , and gain wisdom.

but wait... you already failed before, so why start now right ?

You are the one with the issue here.

I'm well established and there are more than enough people who know me and my style. Don't like it, tough noogies.

there are 248+ reef boards on the net. Go find one.

ps: Your breath stinks like poop. Please remember to Wipe before you stain your panties.

Archived