Cultivated Reef

My New Ratatouille Tank!

BibleSue

Hi, back! Did you find my legs & get them in the mail? That light is way too hot that close to the tank! I'm back to the other lights. New additions all opened & looking happy today!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weetabix7
Hi, back! Did you find my legs & get them in the mail? That light is way too hot that close to the tank! I'm back to the other lights. New additions all opened & looking happy today!

You have your legs silly, it's the screws you were looking for.

Silly lady, can't keep track of her own legs, cheez... :wacko:

Not found yet...

varanus37

So you can't find your legs and you have a screw loose? And I thought I had a long week.

:huh:

Bill

Weetabix7
So you can't find your legs and you have a screw loose? And I thought I had a long week.

:huh:

Bill

Well, she usually has a screw loose, but when she can't find her legs, you KNOW something's up!!! :wacko:

Needreefunds

Did the loose screw cause her legs to fall off?? :huh:

"The world is an imperfect place, loose screws fall out all the time....."

varanus37

"You mess with the bull and you get the horns"

That suit he wore was awesome in that movie. So was the dandruff snow on the drawing and the pixie stick sandwich.

Bill

Needreefunds
"You mess with the bull and you get the horns"

That suit he wore was awesome in that movie. So was the dandruff snow on the drawing and the pixie stick sandwich.

Bill

:lol:

I still want to hear the end of the joke tho....

Happy Mothers Day Sue! :flower:

nice setup sue! vewwy snazzy!

I will say "Thanks" to you & ignore all the talk about my legs!!! :lol:

I stand (on my legs) corrected. I do indeed find that Weetie has been in possession of a few of my screws. I will be all back together as soon as the wonderful USPS makes the 60 mile trip.

Thanks for my Mother's Day wishes! I had a good day. 2 of my 5 have called so far & the other son came up 2 1/2 hours just to take me to lunch & visit for the afternoon. I am packing up to go see my daughter the majority of my grandkids tomorrow & probably hit Weets & the rest of the grandkids on my way back later this week. I will try to post new pictures when I get back.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you or your spouses or Moms. :D

• 1 month later...

I got to visit my tank for a week after being in S FL for almost 3 weeks. Hubby did a great job. Now I am in NC waiting for the next grandchild to decide to come. I sure hope all is well with my tank.

• 1 month later...

I'm at BibleSue's house right now and got to see this tank all set up in person for the first time yesterday.

It looks Awesome!!!

She's only been here to maintain it for about 2-3 weeks out of the last 3 months.

In the interim her Hubby has been doing WC's every 10 days or so and topping off.

She's got him trained well!

Apparently neglect is the recipe for success, on this tank at least!

When she got home a week or so ago, there were thick mats of Hair Algae waving in the current.

When I got here yesterday she had cleaned all those out, and I gotta tell you, this tank now looks like a Reef Tank SHOULD look!

The corals all look quite healthy and quite a few of them showed growth during the time she was away.

The coloration on the corals is what really blew me away.

I have seen these corals in her other tank setups, and their coloration in this system is soooo much better.

There are 3 corals in particular, all from er1c_the_reefer, that I am really impressed with.

There is a Favia, a Chalice, and an Acan Echinata (I think) that were all pretty faded and blah when they were in her 10g Kitchen Tank.

Looking at their colors now, it's hard to believe they're the same pieces.

You almost have to have seen the before and after in person to realize how dramatic their transformation is.

I'm going to try to post some pics of them later when the tank lights come on.

PICHURS!!!!

FTS

IMG_4067.jpg

Left Side

IMG_4069.jpg

Right Side

IMG_4068.jpg

The next 3 pics are of the frags that have colored up so dramatically in this tank.

All 3 are frags from er1c_the_reefer.

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

Mushroom & Ric Garden

IMG_4082.jpg

The beautiful Red Goni that Susan got from C7 at least a year ago, super healthy specimen

IMG_4078.jpg

This Orange Cap developed some beautiful growth patterns while she was gone over the summer

IMG_4070.jpg

From the Front Left side of tank

IMG_4084.jpg

Close-up of the Acan

IMG_4098.jpg

Mvite's Eagle Eye Zoas

Needreefunds

What a beautiful collection she has Lisa.

Once again, Thanks for the update. Great to see this tank doing so well.

Maybe you will return home and find your tank has turned the corner as well :)

We can hope, mirite? :happy:

What a beautiful collection she has Lisa.

Once again, Thanks for the update. Great to see this tank doing so well.

Maybe you will return home and find your tank has turned the corner as well :)

We can hope, mirite? :happy:

m_yes13.gif

Wow! Thanks for doing that! I can't wait to get the prices changed on my clergy robe web site so I can get back on here! May not happen till I get back from my last FL trip next week.

Note: I have had the goni over 2 years now & she had it for over a year. That is my show piece. :wub:

Well, I picked up a red goni the other day, with blue centers, I can't wait to get good pics of it (hoping my camera will die from old age so I can get a new one ;) ).

It's ALWAYS good to hear of a goni that lasted 3 years so far, it should be good for the long haul!

Your red goni was what inspired me to get mine (well, that, and the $50 price for a tennis-ball colony during a huge coral sale at a grand opening ;) )

Archived