ReefCleaners.org

DAMN! My Solana Sump pump just busted

simon2629

The sump pump come with my solana 34G stopped working this morning!!!! :angry: :angry: I turned everything off for water changing and after I turned power back on, the sump pump is not working!!!!! Tried to clean it and still no sign of back to life. :huh: Which pump should I buy for replacement? Is there anything I can buy from petsmart first? :o Thank you.

The sump pump come with my solana 34G stopped working this morning!!!! :angry: :angry: I turned everything off for water changing and after I turned power back on, the sump pump is not working!!!!! Tried to clean it and still no sign of back to life. :huh: Which pump should I buy for replacement? Is there anything I can buy from petsmart first? :o Thank you.

I think a MJ1200 would work fine...

disaster999

get a maxi jet to replace it. then file a warranty claim thingy for the busted pump. use it for mixing salt or back up. some might thing its a waste of time and effort, but ill do it just because thats what the warranty is for

revaltion131

My pump died (shorted when it came back on after a power outage) and I ended up replacing it with an AquaEuroUSA EU 400. It has the same gph as the stock Solana but a few nice differences: flow is easier to control, tight fit but it's much easier to clean and maintain, and it has a prefilter sponge which IMO, the stock pump would greatly benefit from. The pump is a little bit of a tight fit, but it sits flat and you just need to have it turned so that the cord is on the right side of the tank where it narrows. It works great and cost me about $35. I would pick it over a similar maxi unless I was modding the maxi for a powerhead, but that's just me.

I didn't go to Petsmart, but found the pump at a generic-not-to-be-named chain that exists locally. I would assume you could find it at Petsmart also. If not, a maxi would hold you over at the very least.

Archived