inTank Media Baskets

MP20 in JBJ 24g DX and low flow corals

BumbleBeeJBG

BumbleBeeJBG

Is anyone having problems with their Vortech pumps creating too much flow on the bottom of tank? No matter where I put the shrooms they're not happy, they don't extend as much as they do in lower flow circumstances and their end is being blown up. I have my pump set at 40% reef crest mode.

I haven't had that happen, but I the only shroom-like creatures in my tank are 2 Yuma's, and they're fine.

I guess I'd say try turning the power down more.

Mebbe give the shrooms overnight to adjust, they might surprise you.

Mebbe move the shrooms to the side of the tank that's farthest away from the Vortech.

BumbleBeeJBG

You know the flow seems to be greater on the bottom then in the middle, I put it in the middle of the tank (Ricordea) and it's not getting violently blown around anymore. I'll monitor and report back if I continue to have problems. Hopefully the middle of the tank isn't to high light-wise (150w MH)

My shrooms have never looked better since my Vortech... My Xenia on the other hand, almost totally GONE!!! If you guys know what my Xenia was like before... Quite a sight!

My Ricordia have never been bigger as well!

I'm on Reef Crest mode, about 75%...

gulfsurfer101

The only shrooms I have left in my tank are these fuzzy green mushrooms that I got as a single polyp that has split inot four different shroom across the bottom of my sandbed. It is placed right under my vortech mp20 in my AP24 and they do just fine. I think you should lower your driver or just configure it to somehting they like. I have mine on the short pulse frequency(blue mode) with a small wave burst every two or three seconds and everything seems to love the swaying effect.

kidsandreeftank2015.jpg

Archived