Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tunze causing micro bubbles?

Ando

I did a water change and turned my pumps and everything back on and i noticed my tunze 9002 causing tons of micro bubbles. So i took the skimmer out and took it apart I ran just the pump in some fresh water and did not cause any micro bubbles.. So i put it back in my tank and put it all together and turned it on and it still is causing micro bubbles..

The water line is perfect too.

Whats the problem?

Water level dropped and it messed with the "magic" inside the skimmer. ;) Seriously next time turn it off when you do a water change and for now just leave it. It will break itself back in. This has happened to me with one and thats what fixed it.

I turned off the skimmer and all the pumps when I did a water change.. My guess is there is a tiny air pocket inside of the pump causing the bubbles... I'll just wait it out.. All my corals think it's feeding time from the micro bubbles too. lol

I've had mine for over a month and it does the same. I've taken it apart numerous times but still get micro bubbles. Some come out the little hole where the pumps power cord comes out and the rest come out the slot on the bottom.

Archived