Pod Your Reef

Snail crap everywhere

Satchmo

I have 2 juvenile turbos and two astreas in my 10g, and these things deficate like nobody's business.  They mow over the rock and glass, dropping dookie all the way.  My water params have all remained stable in spite of this, but I'd rather not have it piling up everywhere.  Is there something I can put in that will find snail crap tasty?  

I also added a feather duster last week, and he fires out little nuggets too.  Basically, I need something to eat sh*t.

maybe a detritus eating cucumber or somthing like that will work, or you may just have to break out the micro pooper-skooper.

I was watching my tank the other day and one of the many pods rushed out from the live rock, grabbed a piece of snail or hermit poo and ran back in the rockwork - I guess to eat it:o

Thanks. I think my pods must be eating some of it. The snails leave heaps of it on the rock, and in the morning lots of it is gone. It's still building up though and it bothers me. I was planing on getting a cleaner shrimp in the near future. Do they eat crap?

I dont think the cleaner shrimp eat it up.

Mine never touches it.

I have 8 fairly large Astrea snails in my tank and lots of poop.

I remove the load of plop left on rocks as it easy to siphone out during a water change. The ones on the sand I leave alone. It seems to go missing sometimes and mostly just gets broken down.

Archived