Coral Vue Hydros

Matt's 34g Solana Reef Diary

mattdog

rufousreefer

Don't know about gobies that are not carpet sufers. I think they all play if given the chance. The Randall's Goby is pretty cool and Yasha Hashe-like. They are only like 30 bucks at my lfs. Much better price in case of a surfing event.

Here is a video and pic.

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp...uctCode=01-2731

Ouch! Well..I've had the tank for around 6 months and to date, I have lost 2 peppermint shrimp, a frogspawn and this goby. It is to be mentioned that the 2 peppermints were lost after the addition of the yasha and the pistol shrimp...Mr. Pistol shrimp had himself a snack. I think I'll get him a cheaper goby...Is there any of them that are LESS likely to aspire to being a world champion carpet surfer?

--Matt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know about gobies that are not carpet sufers. I think they all play if given the chance. The Randall's Goby is pretty cool and Yasha Hashe-like. They are only like 30 bucks at my lfs. Much better price in case of a surfing event.

Here is a video and pic.

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp...uctCode=01-2731

Hey,

Thanks for the tip. I actually was so bummed out about the yashe that I went back to the LFS to tell them that it didn't work out. They had a LARGE Randall's goby that had come in with some of it's fins tattered and they felt so badly, that they sold it to me for 25% off. That was really nice of them. There's no way this fish could fit through any crack in the top of the aquarium. The nice thing is, he's not skiddish at all. Even when my hand is in the tank, he seems to ignore me. The only thing that he doesn't ignore is food! He is a vacuum cleaner. I think I'll have to wait until my 72 bow is setup before I can get him to pair with my shrimp, bc the shrimp's cave is in a spot that is too narrow for the goby to get to. The yashe fit fine in that hole, but there's no way this monster Randall's can. I'll snap some pics soon. Hopefully his fins heal up soon.

Matt

The tank looks great. Did you end up turning middle chamber into mini-refugium with chaeto? I'm thinking about doing that with my Solana also, and am interested to see how you did it.

The tank looks great. Did you end up turning middle chamber into mini-refugium with chaeto? I'm thinking about doing that with my Solana also, and am interested to see how you did it.

I tried to, but I didn't ever get a light for the chaeto. There's plenty of threads out there that detail some different setups. Since I'm going to be setting up a 72g Bow soon, I figured I wouldn't put anymore gadgets on this one.

--Matt

Archived