Top Shelf Aquatics

JBJ ATO Problem

Freddybnj2004

Freddybnj2004

I have a JBJ ATO running a Tom’s Aqua lifter pump (3 GPH) with airline tubing feeding a 15G Sump/Refuge that’s stabilizing a JBJ 28G Nano… I have it setup in Mode A with the #2 Sensor disconnected. So it’s a basic , level goes too low and the float drops and activates the switch which turns on the pump and refills my sump’s pump chamber. I opened the unit as per the company’s PDF and set the autotimer setting to max of 14 minutes.

My problem is that the unit when reset and tested on a small scale works great… as the water level lowers it kicks on… when it reaches the correct level it then shuts itself off… but for two nights now… thru the night I don’t know if too much water is evaporating and the pump can’t keep up, or I have a bad ATO unit… but I wake up to a unit that has the pump light on and the sensor light on but no water coming out (which according to JBJ happens when the autotimer limit has been reached) and my pump sucking air. The only way to fix this is to reset the JBJ ATO unit. I have no leaks in any tanks, hoses, or otherwise… ?????

Has anyone had this issue? Room temperature is about 66-68 at night and I have a Fuge light on from 9PM to 4AM…

how long before the ATO times out? You may need a stronger pump. I use a maxi jet 1200 on my ATO so it fills the tank in a matter of seconds.

Why do you not have sensor #2 connected?

Freddybnj2004
how long before the ATO times out? You may need a stronger pump. I use a maxi jet 1200 on my ATO so it fills the tank in a matter of seconds.

Why do you not have sensor #2 connected?

Trying to keep it simple... figured once I had it setup and working correctly I could add the second sensor..

I don't know how long because I'm a sleep... LOL!

I will test it today... I will replace with a maxi I have ... Thanks...

Archived