inTank Media Baskets

Updated photos of my 7 gallon mini-bow.

ggee1

The tank has been set up now for about a year and so far so good!

0925031.jpg

Livestock:

Percula Clown

Banded Coral Shrimp

4 Blue Legged Hermits

5 Turbo Snails

Star Polyp

Montiopora Capricornus

Goniopora (Flowerpot)

Botton Polyp

8lbs Fiji Live Rock

15 lbs. Live Sand

Equipment:

7 gallon "All-Glass" Mini-Bow Aquarium

Tetra Tec 150 w/ Heater

CSL Smart Light Retrofit 32 watt

H.O.B Protien Skimmer

Moon Light

moni1.jpg

Montiopora Capricornus

0925033.jpg

Percula Clown

nemo2.jpg

Hi...was just wondering how your goniopora is doing? i hear that they are pretty difficult corals to keep. Are you doing anything special/different to keep it healthy?

Oh and nice tank.....post a full tank pic too ;)

Southpaw,

I have heard the same thing about the Goniopora, I purchased this little coral almost a year ago with little knowledge of it's poor history in captivity. After reading up on this I was ready to take it back to the LPS for a trade. The last thing I wanted was something that was doomed from the start! I have been told different stories about Goniopora in particular this species. I figued I would try it out and see how it would do. I know that I will eventally have to move this to a larger tank but for now it seems to be doing pretty well, it's actually grown!! I feed newly hatched brine once a week and water changes of one gallon every other week. The light is on for about 12 hours a day and I keep a steady current circulating.

Nothing really special!

Here's some more pics of the tank taken a few weeks ago. The Star Polyp has tripled in size in the last year:

tankview1.jpg

tankview3.jpg

tankview2.jpg

Archived