SaltCritters.com

how is Marine Depot with disputes?

blk_g20

I purchased 3 Salifert kits from then on 10/6. got it today on the 8th. its super fast as we are both in CA. i purchased the Ca, Alk, and Nitrate kits. however, in the box was only the Alk, and Nitrate. i poured out all the packing peanuts and there was no Ca kit. since it was late when i got home, i called and left a message and will try again tomorrow.

does anybody have any experience of disputes with Marine Depot? i was under the impression that they are a reputable dealer of dried and live goods.

thanks

I've had issues with them on 2 occasions. I bought a HO filter from them and set it up. It didn't work at all...motor was dead. I called to return it for a new one and they basically said F U. They said because it had touched water it is used and therefore they are not responsible. I debated with them for days about it and they would not budge. I dealt w/ my CC company and got a refund.

I had the same issue with a heater I bought. I will never be buying from them again because they were completely unhelpfull and flat out rude in dealing with a simple problem.

They may be different on test kits...I sure hope so for your sake.

Cameron

called them this morning and was told that they're out of the Ca. kit. seems like everybody is out of the Salifert Ca, all the LFS didn't have them neither. they said they will ship it to me at no additional cost once they receive some. i guess that resolves my issue without much hassle.

I got a light with a bad bulb, they immediately sent a new bulb and didn't request return shipping for the bad bulb as most places would. Thumbs up from me.

Archived