SaltCritters.com

Cucus first tank(lol)oops now second

Cuculian

Hello all Cucu here and today I am setting up my first nano.

Armed with the skills(i think) and knowledge obtained within these halls..(Nano-Reef.com) I set out to get my first tank. I have a friend who hooked up the 11g ViaAqua 418. Well dopey ass me went and broke that tank in the hastey retreat from procuring it. So I am forced to use this 10g aga which I may add I am very happy with nonetheless.I just set up the tank and am very open to everyones suggestions and or input. I am very lucky a place on the web like this exists and look foward to making a cool reef with the help of you guys and girls.

I am attaching some pics of the setup and my broken tank :)Enjoy and please respond.

And the side front veiw to show arrangment of LR and holes/caves. And my brave little Damzle. Enjoy took a min to make pics small enough to post.

Ty and no it has not cycled yet I set that tank up about 40 mins prior to those photos using RO water and some instant ocean did a quick litmus test and boom all signals were ideal.(though I am going to have water checked professionaly. He is a brave soul.....

So time of setup about 10 pm ish EST on Oct 8

a) Take that fish back to where you got it...

B) Find a new LFS because if one would sell you a bag of salt, an aquarium, and a fish all at once they should lose your buisness.

c) cycle your tank.

Looking good, I would add A LOT more liverock. You aren't using anything else for filtration are you? I have about 22 lbs of LR in my 10g, along with 12 lbs of live sand. I agree on returning the damsel, unless that's the only fish you plan on keeping. If they survive the cycle (and the bastages usually do) you'll have one helluva PITA getting him out of there. Lot of cooler fish you can keep, just don't add ANY until your cycle is over.

Welcome to the madness of NR!

Here is the new tank setup with the ballast and some more rock. I am taking my time picking rock to get just the peices I want. Also the fish was given to me to help cylce the tank and will be going into a 140 g salt after cycle.

This is the reefer formerly known as Cuculian changed the name for email purposes. Update on the Tank is it has cycled WHEEW.

Got more LR as per suggestions and finally got my damsel out (and yes I did have to remove all the LR hehe ).Got my first few specimens and they are doing super great and they seem happy.I will post some pics with the S400 macro mode. enjoy!!

And mypersonal favorite the neon green ringed purple/neon mouthed something....LOL cannot determine if this is a Ric or a shroom I have asked quite a few reef keepers and they said they have never wuite seen this perticular variety so they cannot give me a straight answer soo here is the pic.Mother and daughter.

• 4 weeks later...

Update on the 10g at 1 month have switched the LR more times than I can remeber moved from the standard to the Via Aqua about 3 times and went from crushed coral to LS. Changed lights from 2x18 to 3x32. And added various monti plateing and branching, two varites of frogspawn, and anthelia. System has really stabalized very well and ph is rock steady calcium 440 and 0,0 NI NT my monti polyp extension is sick. I am not running any medium in the hob anylonger. So here are the update pics. Enjoy!!B) Dan

Heheh thanks nah they are both alive and kicking. Just shows what really good LR and LS can do for your cycle. Also I had coral in the tank the first week that is thriving as welll.

Archived