SaltCritters.com

Use of carbon on an internal filter

Jamo

I am looking to buy some carbon for clearing up my water a little. Will i be ok to have the bag in a chamber next to the power head? The power head and an inlet trap is all i use in terms of filtration atm. I am thinking of running some filter floss in the intake trap to catch any sediments that are currently suspended in the water and then a small amount of carbon, to get the glisten back that i had a few days ago. I think its hard to keep the water so clear when changing 50% of water weekly and topping off nightly and having to blow live rock clean in such a small tank.

Your thoughts would be really helpful as i am hoping to do a big order of hardware for my tank.

geekreef_05

After about a year your tank should be established enough that you wont have to do many of those things so frequently.

As for carbon, its no problem running it in the tank.. same with filter floss.

But I have to ask, why use up all that tank space when you can buy a hang on back filter for cheap. Run your carbon and filter floss in that. And yes Im talking about those cheap-o FW filters.

After about a year your tank should be established enough that you wont have to do many of those things so frequently.

As for carbon, its no problem running it in the tank.. same with filter floss.

But I have to ask, why use up all that tank space when you can buy a hang on back filter for cheap. Run your carbon and filter floss in that. And yes Im talking about those cheap-o FW filters.

If you could show me one but from the uk you would be a life saver, unfortunately i can't find anywhere other than jebo ones off ebay and i'm not sure of the capacity of them so can't really compare them to the ac ones people use. I only intend on putting it in this...

post-42686-1236638822_thumb.jpg

Just putting it in the intake strainer. I made that myself. I have a Fluval 3internal filter i was considering using as it is much less unsightly that my creation and has more space inside. What would you think to that?

Archived