Top Shelf Aquatics

RK's Minibow Pictures

rklutts

Well I finally took the digital home and took a few new pictures to share with all. Dot has been on me for not getting some new pictures of the new stuff. Gil, I worked on the camera settings and I think I found it! So let me know what ya think. I have added a few new things and lost a few things. I lost one of the baby clowns... he jumped out. I lost both of my red hermits and my BTA (which I was warned about). I added a Peppermint Shrimp and a nice frag of Frog Spawn.

So here we go on the photo tour. Here is a nice shot of the blue zoo's I got from Sloth a few months ago. I think they have gotten there color back. They were more green when I got them, so I placed them as high in the tank as possible so they could get the most light.

b_zoo.jpg

Here is a shot of the frog spawn I got a few weeks ago and seems to be doing just fine. Waldo likes to sit in it so it not out to its full bloom. My wife picks it as her favorite thing so far.

frog_s.jpg

Green skirt with orange center zoo's from Sloth.

go_zoo.jpg

Green skirt and whitish/green center zoo's from Sloth. They have grown on the rock I set them on, so they are doing well.

gw_zoo.jpg

post 1

Here are some freebies I got from Wet Pets. I found this frag in a corner all closed up and he told me if I wanted it get my self and its yours. So I did. They are sweet looking and free to boot.

ogp_zoo.jpg

Here is a shot of some sweet purple/green/purple zoo's I got from thesea.org/Blane. These are doing great and I love the colors. Blanes got some nice stuff.

pgp_zoo.jpg

Here is a close up of my GSP. They are growing like a weed and they are a big eye catcher to the tank.

gsp_close.jpg

This is the Flower Pot I got from Wet Pets. It was a small ball about the size of a milkdud when I found it on the bottom of there tank. It seems to be doing very well. I read they are bottom feeders so every couple of days I stir up the sand in the back of the tank and they seem to like it.

gorg_1.jpg

These are the freebies I got when I purchased my BTA which is now no longer. I traded a few, gave away a few and lost one. They have grown alot and really fan out. I was told they are a type of Yuma, so thats all I know other than they look sweet.

purple_yuma_ric.jpg

This is a small frag of purple Xenia my sister gave me. It's doing ok. Not growing like I thought it would but it's still alive.

p_xenia.jpg

Here is a pig in disguise! I have 3 of them and they will eat about anything they can get a hold of. Nice big zoo's.

palytha_zoo.jpg

Green Ric. One of 4.

g_1_ric.jpg

Another green ric.

g_2_ric.jpg

Orange Green Ric. Not a good shot.

og_ric.jpg

And a full tank shot.

tank_13.jpg

Plus a tank shot with light and homemade light stand.

tank_full.jpg

Well thats the show hope it all downloads fine. Happy reef-n

Rob

Great zoo collection your working on there RK, your tank has really come along nicely. Dang good job man. Glad to hear you have your camera working for you, your pics look grand. I still think it's cool how small your clowns are, it makes your tank look alot larger than 7gallons.....

Keep up the good work,

Gil

ps. hi caja come to chat we miss you thanks.

i agree with my brother nip.

once those itty bitty frags start growing out this tank is going to look even better. one of the reasons i think gil's minibow is so great is that it doesn't look have that "plopped-in" look that you get when the owner buys overly large pieces of rock and coral and as a result, there is no 'connection' between each component. once those zoanthids and rics start creeping along the rock and intermingling... it's going to be good times.

:D

Archived