Pod Your Reef

HELP installing Tunze ATO

here fishy fishy

here fishy fishy

I'm trying to get the tunze ato installed on my CAD sig 39. I'm not sure whether I need to use both rails or if I should have both sensors on one.

???

TIA

i use both rails with the optical sensor just slightly lower than the float switch. that way, if the optical sensor fails, the float switch will stop the water before too much is added.

if you use a single rail it will do the same thing. however, there will be a larger gap between the two sensors, causing more water to be added before the float switch is activated.

hope that helps. :wub:

here fishy fishy

Thanx wolfie... :wub:

fun/frustrating weekend messing with this tank. I've love to get water in it tomorrow so I'm chippin' away on it tonight...

fishy

i use both rails with the optical sensor just slightly lower than the float switch. that way, if the optical sensor fails, the float switch will stop the water before too much is added.

if you use a single rail it will do the same thing. however, there will be a larger gap between the two sensors, causing more water to be added before the float switch is activated.

HecticDialectics

that's how I do it too... -_-

here fishy fishy
that's how I do it too... -_-

okay, thanks! I thought I would be waiting to get that level set and get the ato running until I had my HQI, but I'm seeing a lot of evaporation already just from being topless so I'm thinking I will get that up and running. I may have more questions for you guys!

Thank you Thank you! :wub: to you too HD

Archived