Cultivated Reef

Coral Life Pur Flo RODI

NogaroBlueS4

NogaroBlueS4

So I bought it off a local guy and it is practically brand new. It has the DI canister attached to it. The thing is, the line that runs out of the DI canister runs to an open close valve that is connected to the red waste tube that comes out of the membrane housing, so basically the system is recirculating within itself. How do I get it to work correctly?

Scott Riemer

So...the dirty white/opaque line should be your finished product? Why is the DI sitting in a bucket of water?

NogaroBlueS4

Yeah it looks like it should be, it's in a bucket because I unhooked the blue line to make sure water was flowing through it..... any ideas?

Scott Riemer
Yeah it looks like it should be, it's in a bucket because I unhooked the blue line to make sure water was flowing through it..... any ideas?

Can you disconnect the red line from the other side of the on/off valve?

RayWhisperer

I can't tell much prom those pics.

I'll do my best to describe how it should be set up.

1 line in to sediment filter (stage 1)

1 line out from sed filter into carbon filter (stage 2)

1 line out from carbon filter into R.O. cannister (stage 3)

2 lines out from R.O cannister 1 line will be blue, this goes into your D.I. cannister (stage 4). 1 line is usually orange, this is waste water. That goes down the drain.

Some units have more stages and whatnot. from the looks of it, that's all you've got. Also, some units have a flush system. it's a little switch mouted on the waste water line. This will allow you to run large amounts of water over the R.O. membrane periodically. That water then just goes down the drain when you switch it back off of flush.

NanoReefNovice

Looks like dude just connected the input and the output, maybe for storage? The red should be your dirty input and the white should be your DI water. Cant tell from pictures so thats why i said should.

Scott Riemer

It looks like someone plugged the waste line into the end where the RO/DI should come out. Why someone would do that, I have no clue. If you can disconnect, then I think you should be good to go.

Can you contact the seller and ask WTH??

RayWhisperer

Oh, a few more things. It doesn't matter what color lines you use for what. They are all the same diameter. Personally, I use yellow for tap, and all the connections to other cannisters, blue for filtered water and orange for waste water.

Also, I'm moving this thread to the equipent forum. It'll be linked from the forum you posted in.

NogaroBlueS4

Ok, so I unplugged the white from the on off valve, I have the white in one bucket and the red in the other. and water is coming out of both, is that correct?

it seems like the white is coming out faster than it should though

Scott Riemer
Ok, so I unplugged the white from the on off valve, I have the white in one bucket and the red in the other. and water is coming out of both, is that correct?

it seems like the white is coming out faster than it should though

Looking at it, red should be your waste and white should be your RO/DI. Do you have a TDS meter?

Here's a Manual

NogaroBlueS4

I don't have a tds meter, the guy did show me a 0 reading though. the water from the red does come out about 3-4 times faster though. Should I always have the waste dispensing when I have the unit on?

Scott Riemer
I don't have a tds meter, the guy did show me a 0 reading though. the water from the red does come out about 3-4 times faster though. Should I always have the waste dispensing when I have the unit on?

Yes, you have to. That's why I suggested keeping the valve on the white line.

I'm confused, what do you mean he showed you a 0 reading?

Looking at post #4 filter arrangement from RIGHT to LEFT; Micron, Carbon, DI, DI

Why do you think it has two DI cartridges? I have the same filter but without the add on DI.

NogaroBlueS4

The TDS meter read a 0 ppm

Looking at post #4 filter arrangement from RIGHT to LEFT; Micron, Carbon, DI, DI

Why do you think it has two DI cartridges? I have the same filter but without the add on DI.

It does have one DI and then the add on, they are both mixed bed filters?

NogaroBlueS4

Alright so, for one gallon of water it has been making roughly 3.5-4 gallons of waste and it takes about 1 hour.

The waste is white and milkyish with stuff floating around in it, so I am assuming thats good.

gulfsurfer101

I think I might have my red and blue outlests mixed up. I have the coralife pureflowII that I bought brandnew in box from somebody here in the classifieds. My blue outlet which is supposed the RO water pours out like a jet stream and the red outlet just seems to gradually come out very slowly. Did my outlet hoses get mixed up somewhere before I got it.

Scott Riemer
I think I might have my red and blue outlests mixed up. I have the coralife pureflowII that I bought brandnew in box from somebody here in the classifieds. My blue outlet which is supposed the RO water pours out like a jet stream and the red outlet just seems to gradually come out very slowly. Did my outlet hoses get mixed up somewhere before I got it.

Inlet water - Yellow

Waste Water Outlet - Red

R.O. Water Outlet - Blue

I posted a link to a manual earlier in the thread.

this is the way it is suppose to be set up. Looking at the unit the blue tube should be in front either running into the the DI unit or your water bucket. The red tube should be behind the blue tube and should be your waste water.

post-38832-1236705764_thumb.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Yeah it looks like the hoses are correct but my ro hose (blue one) makes like ten to fifteen gallons of water vs. one gallon from the red one which is completely opposite of what is going on here. Should I take it apart and put it back together.

Scott Riemer
Yeah it looks like the hoses are correct but my ro hose (blue one) makes like ten to fifteen gallons of water vs. one gallon from the red one which is completely opposite of what is going on here. Should I take it apart and put it back together.

Well, do you have a TDS meter? Which hose is the clean water coming out of?

Archived