Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tunze Nano Wavebox

scubadoo

Does any body have any experience with a Tunze Nano wavebox

I was thinking of one for my new tank build in a 22 inch cube, or would I be better off with the Vortech MP20

Thanks

None at all. I would be careful with the repeated force of a wavemaker in a small tank because they have been known to completely break.

None at all. I would be careful with the repeated force of a wavemaker in a small tank because they have been known to completely break.

That seriously makes no sense. -_- OP, I'd go for the mp20 it's cheaper and also takes up less space in the tank while providing more than enough flow.

Shoot Me_I Explode

It could have been worded better but I think what he was trying to say was be careful, because repeated use of a wave in a tank can shorten the lifespan of the aquarium. Most of the people I know I know with the vortech use the reef crest mode which does not make a wave.

Thanks every one, The Vortech sounds more suited what with all the different modes including the night mode which also appeals to me. I had not considered the added stress of a wave sloshing around a tank. I had the tank custom made from 8mm glass, but did not specify that I would be using a wave box.

In honesty I have just been looking for a good excuse to justify an exchange of the Wavebox for the Vortech.

Archived