SaltCritters.com

RO unit sink connector

w1dude

So the piece that adapts my sink to my RO unit main hose is stripped I guess? My brother took it off and tried to put it back on.

Can I get that piece at Lowes or Home Depot or will I have to order it?

If its the cheap plastic piece that allows you to connect your hose adapter from the RO unit (basically a garden hose) to the faucet you wont be able to find those at Lowes or Home Depot (at least not in my experience...I searched all over the place for them). I think Petsmart.com has them. This issue was brought up on another thread and there are some places (usually online) that sell them. For such a ridiculously cheap piece of equipment you'd think they would be available everywhere but there not. I even went to a specialty plumbing store and couldn't find one there.

Have you thought about hooking your RO unit to your laundry machine cold water outlet? Several of us have done it this way (usually using a hose splitter) with great success and ease of use. Plus you can use the "waist" water to do your laundry (and save money on your water bill).

well mine stripped to and they have them at my home depot..not the plastic ones but the metal chrome sink ones..

Archived