inTank Media Baskets

Tunze 9002 inside a Medium Aquafuge 2

Delmarr

Hello all:

I am in the process of setting up a new 28 gal bf reef that will house primarily SPS.

I went back and forth on whether to go with a fuge or skimmer and decided I should probably do both.

As I want to create as clean a set up as possible and dont have the option of a sump I was thinking of purchasing/or building a CPR aquafuge 2 adding a baffle to create a skimmer section and putting a Tunze 9002 directly into the fuge.

The demensions of the fuge are 19Long 4 wide 12 deep so there should be plenty of room to fit the skimmer

and it should also have a useable water depth.

Let me know what you all think and also where in the fuge you think the baffle to create a skimming section should go.

Thanks all

Delmarr

Thinking its not a very popular idea based on the lack of input or maybe people are just tired of answering this question:)

So, what is so wrong about just putting the Tunze directly into the aquafudge2? It seems to work pretty good that way.

I have a medium aquafude2, and the tunze seems to fit pretty well in it. There is around an inch or 2 of miracle mud at the bottom and the tunze sets around 2 inches above it. And there is around 8 inches are so to put some cheato and other stuff in it.

Did you add a baffle to your fuge or is it just sitting on one side or the other?

The aquafuge2 kinda has some built in baffles.

aquafudge2.jpg

Now, you might run into a problem with the lighting if you go with the aquafuge2 deluxe. The light that comes with it is designed where there is no skimmer in the way. So you either will have to go with a smaller light fixture, or modify the light fixture stands so it will sit higher and have clearance for the skimmer cup.

Archived