Top Shelf Aquatics

My clown doesnt move

ccordero

From his corner I mean. He is alive and happy but he just doesn't go anywhere else. He stays in the lower right front corner of the tank and just chills all day there. It is kind of frustrating because he has all that space!.

Is it common?

thanks a bunch fhe input

c.

Steve-Ward.net

I had a very weird perc. Always stayed at the surface at the tank unless I had my hand in the water or fixing something.

Also liked to sleep on it's side.

I think they're just so weird sometimes. Maybe they're tank raised so much they're inbred.

• 4 weeks later...
Dacoolguychris

I know this is an old thread.. but i've had teh same problem with my two perc clowns... I had them in a 29 gal tank and they only stayed in the left corner.. It was very frustrating because people would come in and look @ my tank and not see any fish until they inspected more closely to find two percs just chilling in the corner...

but now i have moved them into a 40 gal and they seem to like it more.. I have more water movement in the tank.. so maybe that was the trick.. or maybe it was the bigger tank.. I'm not sure..

the good thing is that they actually swim around now :)

Chris Macias

• 3 weeks later...

haha I have two perculas in my 20 gallon and one of them relentlessly swims against the current created by my powerhead. the other swims around the tank in an up down motion going up then down all around the tank. what peculiar behavior. oh well..

Archived