Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AquaC Remora Cup height

Deleted User 6

Deleted User 6

I just hooked up my AquaC Remora and the thing is skimming crazy wet. I moved the o-ring so that the cup is as high as I can get it, and it's still running wet. It has the drain attachment on it and has the MJ1200. Any ideas on how to get this thing to skim a bit dryer, or will it just have to break in?

I have the insump version: Urchin.

When you say up as high as you can get it you mean you put the o-ring UNDER the drain fitting right?

If so then you are in the same position I am in. Solution I have come up with is just not to clean the cup when you empty it. After a week or so its dirty enough that it drys out a bit.

Be careful when skimming that wet as it can empty your tank if you don't keep an eye on it. I plugged my drain with silicon, but left a glob at the end so I can easily pull the plug out and run it, or put the silicone plug back in and plug it back up.

Only other solution is switch to a mj900.

My thread on this topic : http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=186032

3268634940_a69129e768_b.jpg

do you add anything to your water? any water conditioners? dose anything? They do take a bit to break in, try running it without the cup for a day and see if the foam decreases.

petkingdom619

isnt the foam what you want?

mine gets alot of water too, but its green nasty water so I feel that its doing what its supposed to. If its clear water it just needs to break in.

petkingdom619

Shouldnt that mean that the tank is just dirty and it will slow down eventually?to much foam that is.

no, when I had one of these it did the same thing at first. then the bubble column became thicker and lower, pushed the cup down and it started working normal

BKtomodachi
Shouldnt that mean that the tank is just dirty and it will slow down eventually?to much foam that is.

no- skimmate can be more or less wet/dry (ie how "thick" or dark it is. Most people aim for pretty dark skimmate.

Deleted User 6
I have the insump version: Urchin.

When you say up as high as you can get it you mean you put the o-ring UNDER the drain fitting right?

If so then you are in the same position I am in. Solution I have come up with is just not to clean the cup when you empty it. After a week or so its dirty enough that it drys out a bit.

Be careful when skimming that wet as it can empty your tank if you don't keep an eye on it. I plugged my drain with silicon, but left a glob at the end so I can easily pull the plug out and run it, or put the silicone plug back in and plug it back up.

Only other solution is switch to a mj900.

My thread on this topic : http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=186032

Yeah, mine looks like yours - o-ring is all the way down below drain. I'll just let it go for a while and see if it breaks in. I'm also getting a lot of microbubs in the sump from it. Hopefully that'll all go away.

Archived