Top Shelf Aquatics

Converting an in sump skimmer to a HOB

Keating

I accidentally bought one of those cheap Jebo 182 skimmer off ebay for about $75 after shipping, but it's an in tank skimmer - not a HOB like I had meant to order. I haven't yet tried, given I don't have proper hosing, but is it possible to simply power the skimmer with a power head and just pump the water in?

Anybody have any thoughts?

Big thanks goes out to the two very clever kids with what is clearly too much time to post unnecessary and irrelevant comments on my thread. I'm not offended or hurt, but if you put more time into reading my question than you did into typing your response, it would be evident that:

a) who buys a cheap skimmer off of ebay, but has the money to just up and build a sump when they screwed up on the order. Clearly i`m trying to save money, but thanks for the tip, tips.

or,

b)Once again, thanks for the crash course on the markets, but I was privy to the new ###### before I met you.

A simple "not worth it" would have done just fine. But don't worry, I now know you're wicked internet clever.

Anyone else? Does an in sump skimmer need external water to maintain pressure, or flow? Or is it just a matter of hooking up a powerful enough powerhead/pump?

You could have avoided all this by using google also. Not trying to offend, but this is a topic open for comments is it not?

Archived