Cultivated Reef

Tunze or Koralia?

Paleoreef103

Paleoreef103

So I've got a 24 nanocube (duh) and am looking to upgrade my flow. I was thinking about getting a tunze 6025, but was wondering if I should get a couple of Koralias instead (a 2 and a 1 probably). I have two nano koralias as is which are combined with a MJ1200 return and an emperor 280 as a refugium. If I got the 6025 I was planning on puting both koralia nanos in one corner and the nanostream in the other corner, but if I got the pair of Koralias I'd probably rip out the nanos as the 2 and 1s are a bit bulky. Anyone have good experiences with nanostreams in 24s? I know there was one totm that had it. Also, should I mod it to get a more broad flow? Or again, should I just get some Koralias?

Having only a single Koralia Nano and none of the other items you mentioned, I can't say one way or the other except that I love the Nano. I'm surprized at how quiet and cool they run. I was able to remove two powerheads from my 10g for what the KN does.

That being said, if you have a spare MaxiJet, consider putting on one of the retro kits on it to make it like a Koralia.

Archived