SaltCritters.com

Good Idea for a Sale?

johnmaloney

johnmaloney

I just don't have it anymore people. The best I can come up with is like another boring X% off until such and such a day, etc... Let's do something fun, what do you have for me?

I just don't have it anymore people. The best I can come up with is like another boring X% off until such and such a day, etc... Let's do something fun, what do you have for me?

partner up with a coral vendor and sell a "whole" package. with free shipping from both vendors. and a special price on the kit.

pay it forward sale. If you did something like give someone else a coral or some piece of good advice and can prove it via a thread. You get a discount. Might be more work for you to have to reference all that though

Nick's Reef

How about hving like a raffel type deal for a free cuc or like 50% your next order?

You could start a thread and say post here if you want to be entered in the drawing and you can take entries until whatever date you pic then throw the names in a hat and pick how ever many you want?

Also John, will be hitting you up for a CUC in the withing the next few months, picking up a 40 breeder friday so I'll need some critters once it's cycled.

I think the snail race was my favorite, even though I think someone may have tampered with the snail I picked to win. I was holding out for a drug test.

Maybe you could hold a "help my buy a wholesale aquatics business" sale. Everyone who buys in the next week gets wholesale prices when I buy this company.

http://us.businessesforsale.com/us/Nationa...r-For-Sale.aspx

Anything's possible.

johnmaloney
partner up with a coral vendor and sell a "whole" package. with free shipping from both vendors. and a special price on the kit.

+1

johnmaloney
I think the snail race was my favorite, even though I think someone may have tampered with the snail I picked to win. I was holding out for a drug test.

Maybe you could hold a "help my buy a wholesale aquatics business" sale. Everyone who buys in the next week gets wholesale prices when I buy this company.

http://us.businessesforsale.com/us/Nationa...r-For-Sale.aspx

Anything's possible.

Good thinking Diatome, aim for the sky. I promise if you guys buy one million $$ in snails and macro next week I will give you the hookup on corals for as long as you want them.

The problem with raffles and sales Nick is that it isn't inclusive. Only one person gets the bargain, and we lose a sale essentially, instead of encouraging more sales. Of course the upshot is we get the publicity. I think we can come up with a better publicity stunt than that though. Tetris video game high score contest? Maybe that would be better than a sale anyway, hard to be creative with sales, contests are fun though. Can keep it going with new high scores get something etc... I think that is the right way to go though. Figure out some sort of prize for the winner, lets not make it too extravagant. I will figure out something for the runners up. Maybe not Tetris, Pac Man....multiple 80s arcade games? I think the more games the better, but the prizes would have to go down a bit. Everybody else still asleep?

How about an Avatar design contest.

Yhe person that designs the one you decide to start using gets something cool.

+1

johnmaloney
pay it forward sale. If you did something like give someone else a coral or some piece of good advice and can prove it via a thread. You get a discount. Might be more work for you to have to reference all that though

They should do that with karma points on forums. I always wondered why they can't be turned in for a prizes like tickets at , (those places with the Whack a Mole - can't think of a national chain). I think it would be easy to get sponsor donations for something like that. Good for the forum and good for the sponsor. The karma tracker would do most of the leg work.

marinekeeper
They should do that with karma points on forums. I always wondered why they can't be turned in for a prizes like tickets at , (those places with the Whack a Mole - can't think of a national chain). I think it would be easy to get sponsor donations for something like that. Good for the forum and good for the sponsor. The karma tracker would do most of the leg work.

I say just do a sale like you always do, but if you get between 10 and 20 orders, 1 person would get their order for free (choosen out of the hat), between 21 and 50 orders, 2 people get reimbursed for their orders and so on and so forth. That should increase sales by having people order more than neccessary in hopes of getting theirs free.

ok, the new business is out. I would suggest a match the budget cut in Florida sale, since the legislature is now in session, but the percentage may be too high.

ssirishpride

We just re-did the way we run our sales this year. We went from "XX% OFF!!!" to taking the 3 most popular beds that we sell and featuring them alone. We stated it just that way, no 10 bed adds, no hokey coupons. Just the 3 that we know everyone likes. And we were able to show a real discount on the products that are really wanted. The resulting volume made up for the profit margin. You have one advantage over us, you are the manufacturer for the majority of the products you sell. Or you could feature items that you have the most control over. Rock comes to mind since that is what I need from you currently. I explained it to the boss this way. "A 19% profit of something is better than a 100% profit of nothing. You have to figure that your sales volume will increase on those particular items that you feature, hell they always sell anyways. Just let the masses know that they are now the items that are also on sale. The profit comes in based on the fact that you are selling significantly more items, to hopefully new clients, who will need your product again. And most will have friends to tell also." Sorry this is so long winded. I am off today and love selling strategies.

johnmaloney

i am all for the rap battle, but without a face to face contest I am worried somebody who would have punked out will go on to win.

Hmmm... I like the features, we do that from time to time with the dwarf ceriths, they would be my choice. Margin on rock is already low, (shipping is where a lot of that price comes in), but we did that when rolling it out to gain popularity. Even sold it at a loss once.

Not having a sale and profiting more is great fun, but we did that last week and the one before too. Next week I got to mix it up. Just added a few more forums to sponsor and I want to make a good impression.

johnmaloney

Okay, here is what I came up with:

1. Guess the weight of a rock contest. - winner gets 20 pounds of free rock

2. $3 random full sized macros to feature the new spring catches we can make next week.

3. Design a ReefCleaners logo/avatar - free custom cuc

?

Deleted User 6

Guess what the DOW will close at today. Guesses have to be in by noon and if you're too optimistic, you get a bag of predatory whelks and aiptasia for free.

how bout a "post interceptor treatment CUC restocking sale", sounds like a GREAT idea to me.

Seriously, I need some hermits and snails, John, help me out!!

Nick's Reef

John, I still haven't thought of anything better, just have a slae in about a month and a half when i order my cuc for the 40 breeder! ;)

johnmaloney
Guess what the DOW will close at today. Guesses have to be in by noon and if you're too optimistic, you get a bag of predatory whelks and aiptasia for free.

:lol:

Archived