Pod Your Reef

Where is the best place to get LR?

Bin Weed

Where is the best place to get LR on the web? I live in the Cincinnati area and it is costing me 12.99 a LB for fiji!! i need about 15-20 pounds and i dont know where to look on the web

Thanks,

Ben Read

samthebigfish

GO to Liverocks.com, i just orderd 100 pds. for about2.79 a pd.

ther is a guy named Mike ,there he is very cool other lfs here in Ok want 9.00 a pound. you might try them.

I'll third liverocks.com.

their shipping isn't even that bad on 15-20 lbs either and Michael will answer any questions (even the dumb ones! ask me how I know) ya email him with both before and after ya get your rock. The rock is full of life, 'bout the only downside is the threat of hitchhikers (i got two mantis, at least three funky little pale hairy crabs, and a bunch of not so nice looking snails) and the life isn't quite so exotic as what ya might get on some primo pacific rock. But who gets primo pacific rock for $3.00 a lb? I also got a 2 hermits and a few of the cup corals even made it through the cycle.

Consider getting some of thier livesand too.

when i looked it seemed so dense and it didnt have much shape! is this true for the rock he sends? its an awesome price but its going in a 10 gallon so i want it to look primo! maybe send me a pic of the rock in your tank... if you dont mind i would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help so far, and keep'em comming

Ben Read

if i were you, i would check out the forsale section in RC. often times there's people breaking down their tank(mostly big tanks too) and sells their rocks for around $2 a pound. if you are not in a hurry, i would wait for somebody local and get it there. they're usually from established tanks....at least thats what i plan to do if i ever get a big tank.

Archived