Top Shelf Aquatics

Skimmer for Biocube 14g

prashant

Please provide me with some recommendations on protein skimmers which can be used with Biocube 14g other than the one made by oceanic..

Also I would love if someone would provide some insight on the installation and which one fits best without making any mods to the hood or the back chambers...

• 2 weeks later...
Please provide me with some recommendations on protein skimmers which can be used with Biocube 14g other than the one made by oceanic..

Also I would love if someone would provide some insight on the installation and which one fits best without making any mods to the hood or the back chambers...

What is the water level in middle chamber?

Available height above water level?

nanoskim

Nanoskim, why not make it fit in the first chamber? Water level is constant there even without an ATO, which it wouldn't be in the middle chamber. Many of us make that chamber into refugiums.

Nanoskim, why not make it fit in the first chamber? Water level is constant there even without an ATO, which it wouldn't be in the middle chamber. Many of us make that chamber into refugiums.

What is the available footprint in the first chamber?

nanoskim

I have a Sapphire Protein Skimmer that came with my newly acquired used BC14. It fits the BC14 with only a ever so slight mod in the 2nd chamber and the gent who sold the setup to me said it worked well but was not in the tank at the time I purchased it. I'm undecided if I realy want to run it in the new tank. I just got the tank up with water, havent even got the included chller setup yet but will do that next before I offically call it ready to start the cycle countdown.

I will snap some pics of the skimmer so you can see what it looks like.

-jds

Unfortunately the first chamber is just a tad to small to fit a decent skimmer in...also there is not enough height between the lid and the top of the water level.

The second chamber is more suitable for a skimmer.

Regards,

nanoskim

Archived